• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello fellow rabbit lovers!

MissB

Young Bun
I thought I'd write a formal introduction even though I have had some very helpful replies yesterday. Thanks to you all - Mabel is still under the weather but at least she is eating and not growling at me today!!

I am 28 and I have always been a bunny lover. We had them as we were growing up and I used to go to rabbit shows with my dad. About two years ago I stumbled apon a book about house rabbits and there was no looking back!!

Harley was my first. I bought him from a pet shop (something I would not recommend). He was quite a nervous little chap but was becoming increasingly tame. Unfortunately he didn't wake up form the anaesthetic when I took him to be spayed and left me heartbroken.

Just when I thought I could never have another I fell in love with Mabel, she was the same breed as Harley (a broken harlequin minilop) and from a reputable breeder who hand rears her bunnies so they are incredibly tame.

Mabel is now 7 months. She is the most entertaining little thing. She follows me around the house and races up the stairs! She is also very soppy and can sit on my lap in front of the tv for hours on end!!

I love hearing about other peoples rabbits because generally everyone I speak to thinks I am mad to have a house bunny that I am so attached too. My boyfriend says, "if you are like this with Mabel what will you be like with a baby???"

I dread to think!

PS Hope to post some piccies soon when I have figured it out!!

Im jealous - Mabel sits in your lap !! Ive not had that for a long, long time with buns - theyre all too independent. At least I have a very soppy kitten who sits on my shoulder to make up for it. Like you Ill get round to photos eventually - its only been 3 months since I joined......... :oops:

We only have the one rabbit and I have to give her lots of attention otherwise I feel guilty. This sitting on the lap thing has only happened in the last month or so. Before she would sit by me but not on me!

I would love another one to keep her company when I am at work but "daddy" says they will have to go outside! He loves her but is not too keen on her being inside!

awww

my bf is a right grump when it comes to my bunnies - he wont do anything with them :( i want to go and stay at my mums next weekend and he said he wont even feed them, i said he dont need to clean them out, just feed and water them while im away, and he said NO!!!!
(i think he was joking but im not sure, :lol: )
i like having my buns inside, they seem to run about more indoors than outside, i like them to have atleast 4 hours inside running about every night.

welcome to the forum :wave:

Welcome to the forums! Momiji isn't much of a lap bunny. He prevers sleeping between my legs by my feet wherever I sit!

Finding it very tricky to get the photos on so here is a link so you can witness the gorgeousness of Mabel!! I am sure you'll agree that she is quite unique with her harlequin markings!

Beautiful
myhtheart41.gif

Hi and Welcome Miss B and Mabel :wave:

What lovely pictures, Mabel is soooooo adorable!! :D

She has the most gorgeous colouring.

Back