• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Genetic eye deformity rabbits have help (hopefully)

Angdown

New Kit
A big thank you to all those caring people out there. A lady rang me up and has arranged to give these rabbits a last chance. I was on my last week countdown waiting for further help from the practice owner. I feel so bad at not being able to help them myself. I think this lady is keeping them and they are lovely natured, cute and very tame. There were only born on 1/10/4 so very young. I hope to God this breeder does not accidently mate the parents again!

I am in Sussex and I am delivering the rabbits tonight, unfortunately Max the lionlop boy died yesterday with no prior problems or warning (other than the eye). I was so shocked at this and I hope it is not the fate of the 2 girls. It makes you wonder what other genetic defects these animals may have. I am so glad it wasn't one of the two girls (if that doesn't sound horrible) as they love each other dearly. They always cuddle up together using their large litter tray as a bed and another one as a litter tray!

At least I know that Ginger and Judy will have a good chance and access to runs as I am limited here after my neutered french lop buck got beheaded (police involved) during broad daylight in January. He and his friend (who died of shock) had their own 12ft by 8ft pen with dog kennels for shelter. I am in the process of trying to build really secure runs (people proof!).

This is a first, what a great forum full of people who don't just talk but act. You all do a first class job and I thank you on behalf of the rabbits as well as myself.

Thanks

Angela

aaawww Angela, I am so glad that these rabbits have been helped through the Forum, that makes it all the more worthwhile to ensure RU keeps working to reach the bunnies that need us. :wink:
It is lovely to receive some positive feedback thank you for your kind words. :D

I am sorry one of the bunnies died, at least the other two have an offer of a forever home :D

Hi Angela,

that is wonderful you found a new home for the two girls. It must be an awful decision to be faced with either huge debt or PTS.

What happened that your other bunny got killed in your back garden? Do you know who did it? Our back garden has a 6ft fence up but still borders along a path where the local teenagers walk down to get to a common area. I have always worried a bit about having the bunnies out there. We only let them out free range in the garden when we are home, but they live in a shed (that isn't locked) the rest of the time.

I don't know what I would do if something happened to them.
Cathy

Let down with help for rabbits?

Hi I am a little stuck now as for some reason as I was supposed to drop these 2 poor rabbits off tonight to their helper but she isn't answering her phone. I know she was at hospital this morning so I hope she is ok. It was Jackie from a Bromley guinea pig rescue who was going to help. I'll ring again tomorrow and double check and possibly later tonight.

If not if anyone can help at all with these rabbits and has access to cheap vet costs then please, please can you help. They are suffering and I can not let it go on. Their eyes have been ulcerated since 11/04 and they haven't improved with all the help. The operation will cost at least £100 per rabbit with non guarantees. I am only giving it a few more days before I have to put them to sleep as I can't bear it.

For those who have asked about my rabbit, he was a very large, neutered chinchilla french lop buck. A vet confirmed it was not by animal means, the head was cleanely chopped off and taken. There was very little blood and disturbance. The doe with him died of shock. The other rabbits were untouched. This was between 1-3pm at the beginning of January, the first Wednesday back at school.

There were 2 cats beheaded on the housing estate and round the corner a farmer who had an english rabbit in a run with goats (an electrified run) had its head cut off and left in one of the animal sheds. The head was intact and the goats untouched.

I feel it is for satanic purposes, the police are involved in my case but I doubt they will get anyone. I can not say much except there is a satanci coven here and a local pet shop supplying animal feed may hold a link. I go no further. I was absolutely distraught what a thing to find. I don;t put the other rabbits out in runs now unless I am there all day. It has happened to people even when they are in the house.

I feel the animals need to be free ranging for a particular satanic reason, cats are free roaming and so was my rabbit and the rabbit around the corner.

I have rehomed shortly after a couple of rabbits and guinea pigs so that all could be made 100% secure, or at least safer. Two of the three babes were on final checks before rehoming but only staining showed up the ulcers. Gutted. If anyone else has any info on these rabbit beheadings then the pet detectives in worthing are recording details. Please be careful.

Thanks
Angela

OMG that's absolutely awful :shock:

People are so sick :( I'm so sorry to hear about your poor bunnies.

I hope you maange to find help for the other two soon.

Back