• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My first sock

Bertie

Alpha Buck
SOCK.jpg

Hurrah!

It looks like a sock. It fits my foot. It's comfy and it's warm. I'm in shock. Who'd a thunk that you could actually make a sock from some string and four pointy sticks? I always thought it was a myth. :shock:

:shock: Oh my!!! I'm soooooo impressed............... are you going to risk another one? My knitting's always a hit or myth affair .....

I intend to own a pair of socks by next week. I'll wash my feet so it'll be good and special. There's a few iffy bits, but for a first sock I don't think I did too badly. :? I do like self patterning wool. I've got enough left from the first ball to make Boscov some socks to match. Or maybe ear warmers. :D

Ooohh... Maybe I should put on an order for some ear warmers for Momiji!

Well done on the sock, though. Knitting totaly baffles me. I'm more of a cross stitcher myself.

bertie they will be handly when you take that "big run in my garden",

and bertie said can he have a pair too thanks!!!! :lol: :lol:

Bunny socks all round! Now even garden bunnies can have gloriously clean feet. No more muddy footprints in the kitchen. All your problems solved.

what sizes do they come in bertie? berties a big bun with rather large feet, saying that dont they all :lol: :lol:

With my excellent knitting skills, they'll be whatever size they come out as. I'd have to measure afterwards and then find a bunny to match. :?

Oooooo, I like - well done :D 26 buns are ordering some as well - don't worry, all shapes and sizes here :lol: Don't forget though, it's times four on all buns :shock: :lol:

Bertie wrote

With my excellent knitting skills, they'll be whatever size they come out as. I'd have to measure afterwards and then find a bunny to match.

I am in stitches :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oooh that is sooo impressive Bertie :shock: :D

Aggie says she would like a little hat with a pom-pom on top and mittens to match.

Twinkle wants a stripy jumper and Pie and Mash would like Orange jumpers with a P and an M on them.

Oh, and could you manage them by the weekend :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol Pam & Bunnies

Bertie said:
SOCK.jpg

Hurrah!

It looks like a sock. It fits my foot. It's comfy and it's warm. I'm in shock. Who'd a thunk that you could actually make a sock from some string and four pointy sticks? I always thought it was a myth. :shock:

wow that is excellant!! I feel inspired to try again myself, I got as far as half a baby booty once......... I think that took me about 9 months though :roll: :lol:

Very impressive!!!! Using 4 needles is very clever.... when I used to knit, I never progressed beyond 2. I'd like to order a woolie body warmer for Brody :lol:

wow thats great!!! i was going to take up knitting once i might have to go through that thought again!!!!

Eep. I think I need to buy more wool. :shock:

For the people interested in having a play, I got mine as a 'kit'. You get the two balls of wool, a set of bamboo needles, the pattern (quite a simple one otherwise I'd never have managed) and some stitch markers. I got mine from http://www.angelyarns.com/ and they sell Regia or Opal.

I'll get Andi to make a list of your orders, and then I'll get right to work.

Maybe once I've got the hang of ear warmers I could branch out into something more exotic.
http://www.doggiedesigner.com/clothing/sweaters_onepiece.htm

Brody wants the "cotton knit dress" but in hot pink/purple as she's a bit of a rock chick bun not a girly bun :lol:

There's a 'military pink' jacket, or a black leather motorcycle jacket. I think the most disturbing part of that site is the wedding dress though. :?

Ooh. The safety raincoat is To Die For! :shock:

1.gif

Thats it!! I'm going to make honest rabbits out of them - Totti would scrub up so lovely in the tux
1.gif
and then the Hawaiian number for the honeymoon
1.gif

Back