• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding: Help!

lauren K.

Young Bun
My two bunnies can be together in the same room without fighting, but they don't seem to like each other. They ignore each other and do things to taunt each other (it seems to me). They go in each other's cages, and nip at each other a bit. I wonder if I tried to bond them too fast and now they will never be friends. :oops: What tips does anyone have about getting bunnies to become friends? I would like them to enjoy each others company rather than just make each other slightly angry!

Thanks,

Lauren

lauren K. said:
My two bunnies can be together in the same room without fighting, but they don't seem to like each other. They ignore each other and do things to taunt each other (it seems to me). They go in each other's cages, and nip at each other a bit. I wonder if I tried to bond them too fast and now they will never be friends. :oops: What tips does anyone have about getting bunnies to become friends? I would like them to enjoy each others company rather than just make each other slightly angry!

Thanks,

Lauren

ignoring each other is good, at least there not fighting and i am sure you dont kiss and cuddle your partner all day (do you? :lol: ) if they are nipping but not fighting i would just take it slowly,

i have two that i have been trying to bond for ages they can run togther and have even sit together between the bars when separated, but when they are first released toether she still insists on mounting him and chasing him, and its been about 4.5 months now.

my advise would be just keep it to short periods and gentle gentle.

Well, I got them a month ago, and at first I separated them into separate cages, but they use the same play space just at different times. Then about a week ago, I let them meet in "neutral territory" a couple of times. Now they can be together in the play space for hours at a time without fighting. Oh, now and then he'll chase her a bit or she'll nip him a bit, but then they just go off to their own corners. Nothing serious. Its just that they look so angry and afronted when they look at each other. The only time they seem happy together is when I pet them both at the same time with their faces right next to each other. They wont groom each other at all. They each put their head down to the other demanding grooming, but neither will oblige.

Oh, and I don't cuddle my partner all day long its true. :) but also dont glare at him all day long...

Well, maybe on bad days... :roll:

Back