• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbits feet

Groovychick1804

Warren Scout
Hello all i am new to this board.

I have a netherland dwarf rabbit and he is pure white.

The problem is his feet, on the side of his paws there are black marks as if it wet and its dried hard. just worried to know what it is!!

Anyone else in the same situation???

P.S How do you post a picture?

I have a little white Nethie too, a doe though, Daisy, the tiniest little girlie. She keeps her feet quite clean. Perhaps yours has steped in something he can't cope with and needs a hand to clean it this time if it has set hard. Baby wipes might help.

Usually though they will keep their own feet clean. My big white fella gets his filthy nearly everyday, cleans them up over night, then gets them filthy again :roll:

areyouserious.jpg

To post an image it needs to be on the net already. You them use an
 )then a closing tag

Hi!

Is it just the inside of his front paws? If it is, I'd watch out for discharge from his nose and/or eyes. My bun has a history of snuffles and when it was at its worst when I first got him his paws were very dirty and matted, as rabbits use their paws as hankercheifs :shock: . Snuffles can be controlled with medication from the vet.

Is he an indoor or outdoor bun? He could have just been playing in dirt and not done a very good job of cleaning it off? :D

I would clean his paws, and check to see if the matting reappears: hopefully its nothing to worry about, but keep an eye on him for sneezing etc. just in case.

Yes it is in the inside, but I havent noticed any snuffling or weaping of the eyes!!!

I will try and clean it tomorrow and see from there.

Poppy is very adventorous in the garden, loves hopping around and is allowed to run freely most of the afternoon as long as someone is in the house, always got his cvage to jump into though!!! Sounds a funny name for a male rabbit doesent it , poppy!!! We thought he was a female but soon found out he was a male!!!!

Yes, if it is higher up, sort of on the insides of his legs, up where the highest claw is, it is likely to be dried snot :( This is not good :( If it is he will need to see a vet. Snuffles is far more serious than a human cold.

Back