• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my pole

Rexy bexy

Mama Doe
hi,
i now have a lovely pole rabbit, that i collected from the Bradford show, i would tell u his name but dont know how to spell it cause his name is small in polish. this breed is very small about the same as a nethie but alot thiner and finer boned which makes look smaller than a nethie, he can sit in my hand. This breed has a bad reputation of beeing agressive which it very ture especially the rew coloured ones, they can fly throught the air lol. Mine on the other hand is very friendly and dosil, but has 'taken off' one or twice. Although he is v friendly i wouldnt reccomend as family pets as they r very fragile and can be very quite and unpredictable and in most cases agressive. he went to a show yeterday and won 2nd in the childs pet and 3rd in the challenge. The judge said the owner of the rabbit deserves a medal for it beenig so tame cause when the stuwards saw a pole on the table they an a bit scared but when they saw how friendly he was they were amazed :D
any heres the pic so lets hope it works

the pic was taken at the breeders house b4 i had him
Picture012.jpg

Wow he is exquisite Rebecca, A Polish is the only rabbit breed I have not personally cared for.
His features look very fine and delicate, he is a star :D

there was one a few weeks ago but there is one coing up on the 26th of feb (i think its then but i will double cheak for u) he will probs be going to the show :D
becky

ahh he's sweet :) he looks a bit like Jessica, maybe they could be friends if Jessica learns polish :D

Betty x

Rexy bexy said:

Becky, he's stunning! A pocket sized poser indeed. I had a look at the Polish words for 'small' and my goodness they're confusing! What do you call him? Have you changed his name?

I wonder if my Thistle is a Polish rather than a Nethie. He has a very fine boned head like that, and is very small. He is also very agressive with other rabbits, although fine with me.

Here he is with a Nethie that came from a breeder before going to a rescue.

daisyandthistle.jpg

A few days after the pic was taken he decided he wanted to kill Blueberry :twisted:

What do you think Bex? His head looks even finer now as he has lost his winter coat, daft thing. I have him in a cage on the kitchen table tonight as it is so cold in the shed, him with no companion and all as he keeps attcking every other rabbit I try him with. :roll: :twisted:

wow Becky :D he is truely stunning :love: look at those delicate big feet :D :D he certainly looks like a tiny titch :wink: :D

hi Louise
he looks like a nethie to me as his head, sholders and shape of body is still too broad to be a polish these a very thin breed like belgim hares only a lot smaller

hi clare, yes he would be a very good show rabbit ( you might be able to see he is rung in the pic)as he has a good colour and well in proportion just on the other side he has a white patch but that might moult out but dont think so but is a lovley rabbit all in all

thanks for all the lovley comments

becky

Thumps said:
Awwwwww he's cute! Do you know why Polish buns are so agressive?

Angela

I guess it is like what they say about small men - what they lack in size they make up for in aggression! ;) Like the Fast Show sketch!

Caz

When I saw the topic of this post I thought you had given up on school and started "dancing" for a living ;)!

He is gorgous though - it would be funny to see him next to a giant!

Caz

Rexy bexy said:
hi Louise
he looks like a nethie to me as his head, sholders and shape of body is still too broad to be a polish these a very thin breed like belgim hares only a lot smaller

Thanks Bex,
He does have that rounded body outline I suppose, although part of that is that he has got a bit podgy as he really likes his food, and he had an awful lot of fluff before it all came out a week or so ago. He is much smaller now than when that pic was taken. He lost a couple of centimetres all round when the fur came out! The pile of fur was bigger than he is by quite a bit :shock:

I read somewhere that Nethies are still the smallest breed, despite the Polish being finer boned. Is that right? Thistle really is tiny, as is the other little doe I have. Blueberry is much chunkier, but perhaps he is lacking the dwafing gene :?

Anyway your fellow is beautiful. Have fun with him :)

Back