• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bun eating plastic???

lauren K.

Young Bun
Hi.

First of all, I don't know if you remember, but my new bun was sick on here a few weeks ago. She's okay now. Thanks to all who had advice. She's still a bit standoffish, but healthy as can be.

Now, I have another question. My other bun has been eatiung a rubber mat that is on my floor. I took the mat out now, and put a cardboard box down instead. He is still eating, and pooping, but should I worry about the rubber foam?

What should I look for?

Yikes!

Lauren

No I wouldnt worry too much as Mitsy quite often eats rubber from old bits of lino we have and whilst I wouldnt encourage this kind of behaviour rabbits tend to munch on anything they find and seem to be able to handle it.. i havent yet found any rubber bits in her poop! :roll: :roll:

Ditto to above Zeus has eaten polystyrene and plastic carrier bag in the past - nothing has appeared the other end but he has been fine!

Caz

so if it doesnt come out the other end where does it go??? :shock:

when i first started keeping rabbits a friend said not to feed veg because of there sensitive tummies which always amazed me as they made fine work of sulpturing my garden furniture :lol: :lol: so veg is doggy for young rabbits but woods not :shock: :shock:

bunnylove said:
so if it doesnt come out the other end where does it go??? :shock:

Do you know what I don't think I want to know - I just hope it is digested into something unrecognisable or small pieces get surrounded by poo (I didn't go so far as to open each piece up and check)!

Caz

bunnylove said:
so if it doesnt come out the other end where does it go??? :shock: :shock:
Heaven only knows !! :D

Ben has plastic sheets or bin bags over the front of his hutch in the winter to stop the rain getting in and he regularly pulls it through the mesh and chews great holes in it :lol:

He leaves a few bits in the hutch, but there is never enough there to account for the hole he has made and I never find it again :shock: :lol: :lol:

Doesn't seem to do him any harm tho :lol:

Back