• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Low growling sound.... is this normal?

luvabun

Warren Veteran
As Bugsy (my guest) hops and skips round the kitchen, he makes a low growling sound. I haven't heard it from any of mine so wondered if it was normal or should I be concerned. You know I'm paranoid to the extreme, especially when babysitting someone's precious bundle of fur.

p.s. heres the latest pics
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/Jillyp747/bugsy4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/Jillyp747/bugsy3.jpg

He's pee'd on my trousers, jumps all over me... methinks he can smell other buns on me.

How old is he Jill :?: sounds like he has fallen in love with you :lol: :lol: are you sure the growling is'nt a grunting noise :? :?: he could be reaching his teens :wink: or maybe its not your girls that bother him, it could be the smell of your male rabbit Totti :wink: he might be a bit jealous of another man being on his patch :wink: :)

Our new house bunny Honey makes a low growling sound (almost like a pig grunting) when she is annoyed or feeling threatened. We first notice it when she had got behind the tv and we were trying to get her out and she didn't like being pushed about.

I don't think it's anything to worry about.

If he has peed on you and is grunting too - he is in love - don't bend over near him ;) :lol: !!

The boys I have had both grunted when they were about to hump something (before neutering) and Athena tends to growl when annoyed but it is obvious when it is annoyance as you have usually just removed a "toy" they were ripping to shreds - i.e. my letters or have put them in their carry case and they can suss it is vets time.

It is normal - don't worry :D !

Caz

He's young - I don't know how young for sure. The growling/ grunting sound is when he's hopping around so I don't think its because he's annoyed. And his wee stinks
smiley17f.gif
I've had to wash everything that was on the floor as well as my trousers 'cos they reek of Bugsy Boy..... could that be related

OOOhhhh grunting/growling and peeing.....sounds like the terrible teens have arrived in bunnyville!! Darcy stopped grunting like a pig etc once he was neutured. He still loves weeing on the sofa and my bed tho... :? :lol: xxx

Thanks guys but he seems awful young for the hormones to have run amok - isn't that supposed to be nearer 6 months of age? I think he's closer to 3. Mind you he was eyeing up my yeti type slippers as well :shock:

:lol: :lol: Adolescent Buck me thinks! - Aww sounds like your having fun!

Funny but until recently when I collected some rescue bunns for Tracy I hadn't heard a true buck grunting etc but one of the boy bunsters was really vocal and raced around the pen making such load grunts - if only I had that effect on Two foots and not four Foots she says :lol: :lol: :lol:

bunnytales said:
:lol: :lol: Adolescent Buck me thinks! - Aww sounds like your having fun!

making such load grunts - if only I had that effect on Two foots and not four Foots she says :lol: :lol: :lol:
1.gif

Know that feeling
1.gif
I've got 10 days of this before my friends are back :roll: but he is an affectionate little blighter and is so cute when he tries to binky round the kitchen (difficult on sheets and towels but comical to watch). Maybe I should let him meet Molly and see what he thinks of an older woman
1.gif

Jill, have you got a spare teddy the same size of the bun :wink: Bojangles used to run around grunting (looking for his teddies :wink: ) I think he may need to take his male frustration out on something :wink: The weeing thing can be taken as a "I am excited" :wink: :lol: It worked for Bo :D he adored his kangaroo cuddly :D he was very polite too, even gave kangy a good wash afterwards :lol: :lol:

Find me somebody to looovvvvve me :lol: was it Queen who sang that :?

Oh, Bo was 5 months when he showed his sexual drive :wink: perhaps it is a bit earlier for dutchies :? perhaps this should be a topic as frenchies are quite old are'nt they when they reach maturity :? I wonder what nethies are :?

Am off to search my collection of cuddly toys to see if I can find anything a. suitable and b. that I am willing to donate. Don't care how polite he's going to be he's not having my Shrek that I got for Christmas :shock: back soon.

bunnyhuggger said:
:? I seem to remember someone on the forum saying that dutchies do mature earlier........

Do you think it has something to do with the size of a bun Lynda :?: Bojangles was a dwarf lop (alot smaller than Pie and Mash) and he was 5 months when the humping started and things dropped :wink: I suppose if there is any cross in there genes it is hard to judge what size they will be or when maturity will start :?

Jill, you meany you :lol: :lol: give the poor lad your shrek :lol: :lol: errrr why do you have a shrek Jill :shock: :lol: :lol:

Oi you Obi-Wan!!!!! Whats wrong with a 50 year old getting a Shrek cuddly toy for Christmas :?: I thought it was quite a cool pressie (along with Shrek 2 video) from my nephew as its the film we saw together when he came down to stay before we went to Vietnam.... so it has a sentimental connection as well as being a top film :!: :!: :lol: :wink:

He is not gettting Marmite Ted, Jo-Jo the Dolphin, Desmond the Duck, Ursa Major or Ursa Minor neither :oops: :oops:

luvabun said:
Oi you Obi-Wan!!!!! Whats wrong with a 50 year old getting a Shrek cuddly toy for Christmas :?: I thought it was quite a cool pressie (along with Shrek 2 video) from my nephew as its the film we saw together when he came down to stay before we went to Vietnam.... so it has a sentimental connection as well as being a top film :!: :!: :lol: :wink:

He is not gettting Marmite Ted, Jo-Jo the Dolphin, Desmond the Duck, Ursa Major or Ursa Minor neither :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: is there any room left on your bed :shock: :lol: spooky Jill, my dad was called Desmond :) and you have got the duck :)

Did you go to Vietnam on holiday then :?: I presume you did'nt go over to fight the good war :wink: That is really nice of your nephew to be so sentimental :D my nephew must think I smell as I always seem to get bubble bath :lol: :lol:

Denny said:
luvabun said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: is there any room left on your bed :shock: :lol: spooky Jill, my dad was called Desmond :) and you have got the duck :)

Did you go to Vietnam on holiday then :?: I presume you did'nt go over to fight the good war :wink: That is really nice of your nephew to be so sentimental :D my nephew must think I smell as I always seem to get bubble bath :lol: :lol:

1.gif

Obi-Wan you always make me laugh! Stop it, it hurts me chest as I haven't got rid of the chest infection yet
1.gif

Both my niece and nephew are excellent at getting really thoughtful pressies. My niece got me American Idiot and a willie-shaped candle for Christmas (don't ask about the sentimental value of that please :oops: ). Yes we did go to 'Nam - its amazing. Its a place I'd always wanted to go to having grown up with the War on the tele and Jonathan, my nephew, is into war games and battles etc. and as we shared a common interest, off we went. Down the VC tunnels, barefoot on China beach, museums, lovely people, Hue, Saigon, Marble Mountains... fab place... on my list to go back to.

luvabun said:
Denny said:
luvabun said:

1.gif

Obi-Wan you always make me laugh! Stop it, it hurts me chest as I haven't got rid of the chest infection yet
1.gif

Both my niece and nephew are excellent at getting really thoughtful pressies. My niece got me American Idiot and a willie-shaped candle for Christmas (don't ask about the sentimental value of that please :oops: ). Yes we did go to 'Nam - its amazing. Its a place I'd always wanted to go to having grown up with the War on the tele and Jonathan, my nephew, is into war games and battles etc. and as we shared a common interest, off we went. Down the VC tunnels, barefoot on China beach, museums, lovely people, Hue, Saigon, Marble Mountains... fab place... on my list to go back to.

:? :? :? :? :? I bet that took a BIG BLOW to extinguish :lol: :lol:

Vietnam sounds nice :D what else is on your list of 'go back to' places :?:

1.gif

You are incorigible :!: :!:
1.gif

Where else apart from N'am....... mmm.... Bali, Hawaii and Oz spring to mind but there's a whole wide world still haven't been to yet before I start retraving my steps. Its Costa Rica this year. YAY. :D

p.s. do you think Molly would miss her cuddly shark for a little while -is that a good or bad idea as it will smell of our Molls.

Molly has a pet shark to cuddle upto :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, you wont give up Shrek, or Marmite Ted, Jo-Jo the Dolphin, Desmond the Duck, Ursa Major or Ursa Minor and yet you are willing to seperate poor 11 year Molly form her shark :( you wicked women you, :p

I dont care how ill you are, get yourself round to some friends who have children :wink: they will have loads of cuddlies in their loft :wink: :D Your dutchy needs some pacifying and quickly by the sounds of it :wink: :lol: unless you are happy to loan your legs and arms to him for the night :wink: :lol: How long have you got him for again Jill :wink: :lol: :lol:

I am still laughing at this Jill :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dare not ask about the "willy shaped candle" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your guest looks absolutely lovely

Back