• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Balancing Bunny

bunnytales

Mama Doe
O.K - so Zac is a little slow coming forward so to speak - typical guy you could say (soz all you fella's out there) - but the last couple of nights he has been showing more interest in trying to come down the stairs :roll: - He goes up them fine - in fact sometimes he actually makes a run up them and you've never heard such a racket :lol: :lol:

I'm a little nervous that he might hurt himself trying to come down the stairs - what if he misses a step or something :!: or are they really good a balance and will he find his footing o.k - I just don't want to find a crumpled heap and I'd never forgive myself if he got hurt - Is his mum a Wuss or what :lol: :wink:

Hi Lany,

Flump was very cautious coming down stairs at first, and would come down sideways one step at a time. :lol:

He soon got the hang of it though and was dashing up and down no problem. None of our rabbit have ever had any problems with stairs.

I suppose the only problem might be if you have a slippery surface like bare wood.

stairs!!!

My 3 buns are fine with stairs

Thats where they mostly 'chill' out and stretch their feet out. They are always running up and down the stairs like loonies!!! Scampie my little bun can run up those stairs faster than a bullet!!! Going down is ok but they are much slower going down than going up.

Buns should get used to the stairs, it may take a while!!!

Cheer Folks - I'll keep an eye on him - the stairs are carpeted so he should be o.k - something tells me once he gets the hang of these my quiet nights will be over :lol: :lol:

My lot can't balance for toffee, but they've never been hurt during their excursions. Boscov has recently discovered the window sill. It's narrower than he is, but it doesn't stop him. Landing in the bin and getting wedge in does, but as soon as I manage to pull him back out again he just goes straight back to the window sill. He's given up on the stairs now. He's lazy and they're effort. There's no way Zac can be less talented than Boscov, so he should figure them out soon.

Bertie said:
Boscov has recently discovered the window sill. It's narrower than he is, but it doesn't stop him. Landing in the bin and getting wedge in does, but as soon as I manage to pull him back out again he just goes straight back to the window sill.

:lol: :lol: Sounds like you have an acrobat bunster me thinks :!: :lol: - arn't they so funny - never a dull moment :wink:

My stairs are carpeted and Rob flies up and down them, often two or three at a time. Molly will not entertain our stairs at all, which is a shame because when Rob comes down the stairs at night, she hangs over the top stair as if 'where are you going, come back'. :wink: We have to go up and carry her down, as we have tried leaving her for a while, but she won't budge, and I don't want to try tempting her down in case she is frightened :?

Hiya Lany, yes supervising bunnies on the stairs is something you have to TREAD carefully with :roll: :lol: .. I highly recommend your donning that rabbit suit that the RWA( and the World at large!!) are getting accustomed to you wearing( :twisted: ) putting one paw in front of the other, bounding down the stairs in front of Zac to give him the proper idea like...he will just thing it a game of follow my leader, and follow the surer steps(and bobbing cottontail :shock: :lol: ) of his adoptive Mum down the stairs :p :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I used to slide down the stairs on a tray as a child, so perhaps you should not be asking for my advice :? :lol: :lol:

Lol Adele - sounds like fun sliding on a tray!! Perhaps a slide for the buns!!? :lol:

I'm not sure what my buns would make of the stairs as they are outside buns but they do fly up and down the steps leading up to the grass!!

Well I am surprised at you Lany, as being as your buns are sooooo spoilt I would have thought you would have had a bunny stair lift fitted by now :wink: :lol:

I bet all the men members will be off now building a remote control bunny stair lift :lol: :lol:

Denny said:
Well I am surprised at you Lany, as being as your buns are sooooo spoilt I would have thought you would have had a bunny stair lift fitted by now :wink: :lol:

:idea: Eureka Denny i think you have just come up with a wonderful marketing idea, rabbit stair lifts indeed :roll: :lol:
Lany, why not drill a hole through your bedroom floor, erect a pulley system and you could hoist bunnies up and down in a basket. :!: .. I could be rude and say YOU are a basket case already so I would not put this idea past you.. first you had.bunnies in the closet :shock: , and now bunnies hoisted about in linen baskets :shock: :lol: :lol: dread to think what comes next :roll: :lol:

Adele said:
Denny said:

:idea: Eureka Denny i think you have just come up with a wonderful marketing idea, rabbit stair lifts indeed :roll: :lol:
Lany, why not drill a hole through your bedroom floor, erect a pulley system and you could hoist bunnies up and down in a basket. :!: .. I could be rude and say YOU are a basket case already so I would not put this idea past you.. first you had.bunnies in the closet :shock: , and now bunnies hoisted about in linen baskets :shock: :lol: :lol: dread to think what comes next :roll: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: perhaps I should patent the idea Adele before anyone else makes millions from the idea :wink: :lol: :lol:

On the same subject, Adele, you said that bunnies should be careful on the stairs :wink: so would a large ramp with steps on it, (like the ones in hutches) be a better option running down the side of the stairs, which would make it a bit easier for them to get down :?:

Denny said:
Adele said:
[quote="Denny
:lol: :lol: :lol: perhaps I should patent the idea Adele before anyone else makes millions from the idea :wink: :lol: :lol: (Quote Denny)

Nope, sorry it is too late :twisted: , I have just been wheeling and dealing and brokered a deal with a company to produce them!!!....it could be a pile of rabbit currants though , and I expect the idea will hover in the air but not take off. :p :roll: ..up stairwells or any other place :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the same subject, Adele, you said that bunnies should be careful on the stairs :wink: so would a large ramp with steps on it, (like the ones in hutches) be a better option running down the side of the stairs, which would make it a bit easier for them to get down :?:

Well yes this could be another solution Denny, but do you really want to be spending all your free time with hammer and nails, adapting staircases for bunnies.....I have a sneaky suspicion they would opt to use the stairs proper despite all your good intention, it is much more fun dangling off edges, zooming down at 100 mph with heart in mouth (Your heart in mouth, not necessarily the rabbits :lol: ), and mastering the stairs much better than us humans ever could :wink: :lol: :lol:

Adele said:
I have a sneaky suspicion they would opt to use the stairs proper despite all your good intention, it is much more fun dangling off edges, zooming down at 100 mph with heart in mouth (Your heart in mouth, not necessarily the rabbits :lol: ),

Oh my :shock: - Adele has proper attack bunnies - they go straight for your heart and then run off with it down the stairs!

Must remember to behave myself in the future - I like my heart where it is - pumping my blood, in my chest ;) :lol: !

Caz

Caz said:
[quote="Adele"
Oh my :shock: - Adele has proper attack bunnies - they go straight for your heart and then run off with it down the stairs!( quote Caz)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well! they run off with everything else, so why not your heart aswell :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Must remember to behave myself in the future - I like my heart where it is - pumping my blood, in my chest ;) :lol: !

Caz

:lol: Me too Caz, me too :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: I cannot stand blood and gore! :roll: :lol: :lol:

How did you manage to train those bunnies then?? Or did they come from Tamsin's attack school already trained up?

I am quite good with blood etc but my poor hubby faints at even a paper cut!!

Caz

Caz said:
How did you manage to train those bunnies then?? Or did they come from Tamsin's attack school already trained up?
Caz

Yes right first time, the attack bunnies are all Graduates of Tamsins training camp for Bunny Hells Angels...now you know what Tams gets up to when she is not in RU :wink: ..teaching rabbits high flying karate kicks :twisted: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back