• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strange behaviour.....

All day Aggie and the boys spend their time playing with each other and are quite hapy to sit side by side without anything happening at all.

I decided to joing their two cages together and all hell broke loose with a rabbit threesome - Mash was humping Aggie and Pie was humping Mash :shock: :shock:

I just wondered why they only did this when I joined the cages together - they never ever do it any other time - and will even spend hours all squished up.

lol Pam

New territory :D When they get a new space they have to double check who is boss over it, they should settle down fairly quickly though once they have worked it out.

Tam

I understand that Tam I am just confused as I didn't think it was new space - because during the day the tops are off the cages and they will all sit in one anothers cages :?

Still I suppose I don't think like a bunny does. :roll:

lol PAm

When we lived in our old flat, we had the four bonded bunnies in two separate cages at night. During the day both cages would be opened, and they'd spend quite a lot of the time all four of them squashed into one cage together. They liked sleeping like that. But as soon as we shut the door on them, they'd start fighting. They're fine in their run together, but there's a very definite limit on the space you can confine them in before they go bonkers.

Sheffield doesn't like being shut in at all. When we first got him he lived in the bathroom and was never shut into his cage. The cage was too small anyway. Fine for a roomy litter tray and to keep all his mess in, but too small to serve as a permanent hutch. He still has the same cage attached to his run, and he doesn't get shut into it, but I need to close it when I'm cleaning, so I can get the lid on and off. If he gets in my way he gets shut in. It's for a maximum of about 20 seconds, but he does his nut. He hates it. As soon as the door is open again he's fine. He's fine being in that small a space, but shut the door and he panics.

Back