• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding - what do you think?

Marigold

Warren Scout
Flopsy and Timothy are friends I think!
Woo hoo!!! ( I am SO relieved it wasn't too difficult to get them together!)

It started with lots of Timothy humping... :oops:
Then they were fine and sat together etc
Now Flopsy CONTINUALLY follows him like a lost puppy, he doesn't seem to mind TOO much, but he does look slightly annoyed as whatever he does, she does! Is this normal??!!
Now Flopsy is doing some humping (I have never seen so much rabbit fur on my carpets :roll: )
She flings herself at him, its getting obsessive!
Have any of you seen this 'lost puppy dog' behaviour before?
I would say they like each other as they lick each others faces etc but Timothy seems to be mixed up about Flopsy as she hassles him all the time, but if I just let him out to have some time to himself he loses confidence and gets jumpy at any normal household noises...
Any suggestions? Ideas? Ta xx

I would say keep them together, Maisie still sometimes humps Bobs face, even though Bob has complete stop humping himself.

Last night Maisie bit him and he didn't like it at all, but aftet ten minute of having Maisie on the sofa with me (to think about what she had done), they both played away happily again.

Is she neutered or just him? Its fairly normal for bonded pairs to follow each other around, or atleast stay in the general vacinity.

Tam

Yeah... I thought they would run about together and have the odd humping incident, but her following him is obsessive.
She isn't neutered yet Tamsin, do you think this is why she's acting like this? She will be within the next month...

When there not neutered they have lots of hormones flying around which complicates things. Its difficult to say what behaviours hormones and what's just her. It might calm things down abit though unneutered does can be a little stropy at times.

Tam

Back