• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When do your bunnies sleep?

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
When and how often do your bunnies sleep?

Mine share the same sleeping patterns as me, but I have been reading from some threads and books that they are awake during the night.They go to bed when I do and get up for breakfast when I do, is this normal or have I them they are people?

I guess buns do eventually adopt the same traits as us humans, I know mine sleep through the part of the day I'm out.

My bunny sleeps when i sleep, I don't know if she sleeps when i am at work, but i know that when im in the room and awake she is wide awake.

Ours sleep on and off all day and night. They sleep for a bit have a run then clean and then sleep again. Our buns also tend to ru around at night when we are asleep and generally wake us up (Elderbery binkying on the bed normally)

Ant, Claire and the pack

Alfie & Gypsy tend to sleep between about 10am and 5pm. Tho they don't tend to stay in one spot for all of that.

Bunnies have great hearing so can tell when your coming, both mine will wake up and start normal bunny activities if I go see they during nap time.

I imagine indoor bunnies have a slightly more adjusted routine because the 'sun' (aka lights) are up different times of the day.

They tend to nap so if there is something interesting, like a human, to play with then they can go from snoozing to active in seconds :D

Tam

Yeah that must be right, because as soon as I put my feet out of bed, their heads pop out from under the bed, I was convinced they sleep and wake the same time as me.

Darcy has rabbit naps during the day and then some naps in the evening. He tends to be awake for a lot of the night but he generally goes to sleep about 11pm but and then wakes up at 5am to pounce on me for cuddles!! :? :lol:

Yes mine are a bit like Tamsin's, they settle down, usually under one of their cardboard boxes on the carpet, at about 10am and wake up about 5pm/6pm ish.

So at the weekends if I am out and about I always try and go out after I have spent the morning with them and get back when they are waking up!! :D

If friends/family come over during the day they see two little furry mongheads :lol:

Back