• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Celery

Hi

just wondering if people give thier buns celery?? Ive always thought of it like lettuce, so i have never bothered. But a friend of mine said she gives her buns celery - is this ok? Is celery like lettuce??

Celery's fine, but you might want to cut it into smaller pieces first to break up the tough fibres running though it. I aways cut it into inch long bits, and I don't give them more than half a stick per bunny in a day.

Celery is a firm favourite with my Rabbit's! They get it once or twice a week, half a stick each.

Louise

Our bunnies love it too :D but in moderation is the key, a few times a week rather than every day as Louise suggests :wink:
It is useful in the Summer being water based as it enables bunnies to take more moisture on board, as does watermelon :wink:

My buns love celery :) They have it everyday with no problems, I normally cut a stick into three and they get a bit each.

Ours all have celery and they love it - they absolutely adore the leaves :D For those with teeth problems I cut it up fine but the others have one inch pieces.
I also love it :oops:

I recently started feeding my bunnies celery the other week, as part of my diet plan to feed less pellets and more greens. They weren't to sure at first, but they liked the leaves. They tried a little bit of the stick bit by bit, and now they love it! Almost as much as brocoli! They cry when it's not in their bowl (if rabbits could cry!)

Mine likes celery but it does sometimes give him runny poos so he rarely gets it these days. If i have some i tend to give him the leafy shoots rather than a stalk.

Used to be a firm favourite with Zeus until he got ill last year - it was the only thing he ate besides grass so I think he is sick of it now!

The other bunnies love it and they always start from the leaves and work down. If a piece hasn't got leaves they look at it as if to say - "where do I start mum?".

Caz

Thanks

Thanks everyone

I shall get the celery out the fridge tonight and chop it all up for them. Wasn't quite sure about it, so i left it in the fridge, :lol:

Thanks xxx

Back