• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help! He Thinks He's A Girl!!!

sonnet

Alpha Buck
My bun was castrated nearly 2 wks ago and everything went really well - the vet was pleased with him and he's healing up fine.

HOWEVER! Since Friday evening he's been acting suddenly like a girl - running around with hay in his mouth, making nests and ripping up his newspaper (something he's never done before) making his 'night time' part into a paper and hay combi nest!!! What's the vet done to my little boy!? :oops:

The vet did mention that it'd take about a month for his hormones to settle completely but he didn't say he'd go through a stage (at least I hope it's a stage!) of acting female!!! :oops:

Help! Has anyone else's male bun gone through this after having 'the snip'????? :shock:

Hehe, I guess he's getting intouch with his femine side :lol:

His hormones might be abit wonky still so I wouldn't worry to much it may well settle down. Bare in mind he's now got alot of free time on his hands that was previously taken up with hormonal behaviour like staking out territory. This means he has time for other persuits, such as house work :lol:

Sorry I'll stop giggling now :D

Tam

My bunnies swapped personalities when they were done! Dougal was a happy little cheeky chappie, and Ted was so shy, didn't like a lot of attention.

Dougal came back from the vet grumpy, and to this day (he was done last may) has never quite forgiven me! I often feel he needs it done again, he's still a fan of humping! He is now quite happy doing his own thing, and gets annoyed if he can't do it. He also gets annoyed if you don't watch him, he is the ultimate attention seeker!

Ted came back so happy, he practically lanuched himself at me for a cuddle and wanted to play all night!

Of course they both calmed and settled down after their op, but it was probably about a month or so!

Were you quite clear with the vet about what sort of op you were after? Sometimes they get the wrong end of the stick, or mix up their charts. I still remember the day Aunt Geoffrey went in for her ingrowing toenail. :?

Bertie said:
Were you quite clear with the vet about what sort of op you were after? Sometimes they get the wrong end of the stick, or mix up their charts. I still remember the day Aunt Geoffrey went in for her ingrowing toenail. :?

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now it could be that Merlin has got hormones raging through him but is unsure what to do - perhaps he is keeping himself busy :?
Or he could be one of these new men and think that he has to get the nest ready for when the missus turns up with a brood :shock: :lol: :lol:

:shock: Are you sure you got the right bunny back?

Only joking, Smokey was a neutered buck (funnily enough, a handsome smokey grey chinchilla rex too) and he was very houseproud, he always 'rearranged' his home, I never seemed to be able to do it right in his eyes :roll: Maybe he enjoys being houseproud.

:lol: :rabbit2: :lol:
Obviously he's been listening to me moaning about there not being any sensitive men about! I didn't think he'd take it literally though to prove there are some males in touch with their feminine side still left! :lol: :roll: :D

Back