• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what age did you start feeding veg to your rabbits?

at what age did you start feeding veg to your buns?

• from birth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 months,4mths, 5 mths or later

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
bunnylove said:
i normal start mine at four/5 months but have been told 3 months is ok
Have you have babies before then? I thought this was your first litter.
Only baby bun I have had is Honey and I am not sure how old she was when I had her from RSPCA (she was found in a field) but she has been on veg since I have had her.

this was my first litter and last litter.

but the poll was about when you give veg to your rabbits most of mine have been youngish when i got them so i had to still take into consideration there age before giving veg.

You cant start them off from birth,they dont have any teeth!!!!!!!
As i said miffy was already on it when i got her at 7 weeks
and claude 6 months following advice from his breeder

about 5 months i started smokey jsut started to get his veg a bit more oothen i have tried crystal on a tiny bit of carrot but didn't seem to bothered about :D

Zeus was already eating them when we got him at 12 weeks, the others were given them when I got them but they were a lot older.

Caz

I've never had any baby Rabbits, but I would offer them small amounts of Greens/Vegetables as soon as they could eat them. I imagine they would pinch mum's food anyway!

Louise

Bugzee my wild baby had veggies the day she was caught. My new Enderby Baby has had greens available all the time as her mum has had them.

I feel its a natural food, they should have access to it and choose when they wish to eat it.

I didn`t have a problem with Bugzee eating greens at a very young age. Has any one else????

bronie

Back