PDA

View Full Version : Such sad news about Jasper / / Totti OK post op

luvabun
03-02-2005, 03:22 PM
I've come home from work, let the critters out for a run but Totti wasn't interested. He's not eating - tried to give him a treat but he would not touch it. He is on a mega moult at the mo and has had 2 bouts of gut statis before. Its so hard to do a poo check now they live together. Keep fingers and paws crossed for my little man. :cry: :cry:

Jaypot
03-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Awwww poor Totti :( Let's hope that all is well with him and that he starts to eat and play about soon - poor little guy - moulting is a real problem for buns and it can really put them out of sorts :(
Give him a snuggle from me :)

luvabun
03-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Awwww poor Totti :( Let's hope that all is well with him and that he starts to eat and play about soon - poor little guy - moulting is a real problem for buns and it can really put them out of sorts :(
Give him a snuggle from me :)

Thanks Jay, off to snuggle and pluck now - he should be bald the amount of fur thats coming out.

Towsbuns
03-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Poor little mite - good luck at the vets.

MandyM
03-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Awww poor Totti, thinking of you. Keep us posted x

haffyj
03-02-2005, 04:24 PM
get well soon Totti!!! :D

nicolar
03-02-2005, 04:35 PM
Poor totti - feel better soon :)

Gem
03-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Come on Totti, get better soon mate!!

Luv all @ Snowflake's Warren xxx

Suzi Wong
03-02-2005, 04:46 PM
I've come home from work, let the critters out for a run but Totti wasn't interested. He's not eating - tried to give him a treat but he would not touch it. He is on a mega moult at the mo and has had 2 bouts of gut statis before. Its so hard to do a poo check now they live together. Keep fingers and paws crossed for my little man. :cry: :cry:

Oh dear poor Totti :(

I know exactly how you feel as I have the same problem with Jasper and he is off the the vets at 5.00pm

We have been putting it off as the journey stresses him out but he looks swollen on one side of his face so needs to go ASAP :cry:

Hope things go alright for you.

Sue.x.

luvabun
03-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Gee - thanks all for your wishes - I'm choked. The Vet couldn't feel any blockage but maybe a bit of gas and she gave him metachlopramide. She had a look at his teeth and he may need dental work on the left - he was sucking away at the scope so she couldn't see properly but he may have slight spurs on his back left teeth and they may be pointed.. So he's had an anti-biotic as well. Got to keep an eye on him so he's in the sick bay (ok - kitchen :oops: ) where I can keep an eye on his movements. I'll be counting and rejoicing every currant :oops: . She's given me some recovery stuff if he doesn't eat. So, Brody's in for a lonely night seperate from her beloved and I'm on poo patrol for the night. He's back in tomorrow and may need either a sedative or anaesthetic so they can look at his teeth properly.

luvabun
03-02-2005, 04:52 PM

I know exactly how you feel as I have the same problem with Jasper and he is off the the vets at 5.00pm

We have been putting it off as the journey stresses him out but he looks swollen on one side of his face so needs to go ASAP :cry:

Sue.x.

Bless poor Jasper - hope he's OK. Sue, do log on as soon as poss when you've been to the vets - we've got everything crossed for you. Have you tried Classic FM in the car? It really seems to sooth bunnies - it was almost instantaneous when I switched from Virgin to Classic - Totti laid out relaxed pretty much straightaway. Good luck. Jill

Suzi Wong
03-02-2005, 04:57 PM
I've noticed someone mentioned this before,

What number channel is it on ? It's worth a try :)

Denny
03-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Poor Totti Jill :( hope he has a speedy recovery. Looks like you are in for a sleepless night then :roll: :( make sure you dont nod off counting poo's :wink: :)

luvabun
03-02-2005, 05:04 PM

around 100.9 FM. Its been used successfully to calm bunnies down during very long bunny runs.

Poor Totti Jill hope he has a speedy recovery. Looks like you are in for a sleepless night then make sure you dont nod off counting poo's
-I'll be prodding him every once in a while to make sure he's OK :oops:

Denny
03-02-2005, 05:10 PM

around 100.9 FM. Its been used successfully to calm bunnies down during very long bunny runs.

:

I think it was you Jill who mentioned classical fm :? anyway I would definately recomend it :D it worked for Pie and Mash :wink: :D

bunnytales
03-02-2005, 05:16 PM
[/quote]

Have you tried Classic FM in the car? It really seems to sooth bunnies - it was almost instantaneous when I switched from Virgin to Classic - Totti laid out relaxed pretty much straightaway. Good luck. Jill[/quote]

Awwww healing vibes for both Totti and little Jasper - Hope they they are both feeling better really soooooon -

funny you mention the music Jill - I've recently switch to Classic FM and my girlies love it and always seem really relaxed when its on :lol: :lol: -
in fact Im thinking of re-naming them the "Classic Bunster Crew" :!:

luvabun
03-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Awwww healing vibes for both Totti and little Jasper - Hope they they are both feeling better really soooooon -
Thanks

funny you mention the music Jill - I've recently switch to Classic FM and my girlies love it and always seem really relaxed when its on :lol: :lol: -
in fact Im thinking of re-naming them the "Classic Bunster Crew" :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol: definitely classy birds :lol:

Caz
03-02-2005, 05:21 PM
I have been using it to try and drown out the building works since I noticed when my dad had it playing they seemed really chilled. It does help on car journeys too - just a pity I don't seem to feel the same benefit - I am paranoid about being late to the vets :oops: !!

Caz

Jaypot
03-02-2005, 05:22 PM

Sue.x.[/quote]

Awww - I hope that Jasper is going to be alright - sending soothing vibes for him - let us know as soon as you can.
Classic FM is great - all our buns have it on all the time :D

luvabun
03-02-2005, 07:16 PM
***Sue*** its gone 10 past 6 so surely you're back now? Please give us an update on Jasper.

Totti has now done 4 currants... yes I AM counting them. :oops: :oops: Hardly earth shattering I know but major to me 'cos he wasn't eating, pooing and was devoid of energy.

Maaike_Butter
03-02-2005, 07:42 PM
*lots of well wishes and cuddles to the poorly bunnies*

I've got to go into work quickly at 9 tonight, so might put Classic FM on for the buns to listen to...I wonder if they're minding the TV being on at the moment...hmmmm...will go turn it down...

Suzi Wong
03-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Just got back from the vets. (please be patient as I don't explain very well)

He says Jaspers lip is swollen and floppy and there are no nerve endings the skin has just "died" not sure why though, its all going wrong on his left hand side and that is the side he has trouble with due to his pasteurella which gives him the sneezes and a snotty nose.

He had a good look around in his mouth but couldn't see anything obvious but there was a small spur on one of his back teeth nothing too serious but there was left over food in the side of his mouth and stuck to his teeth.

Anyway, we are taking him back in on Monday morning he is going to have an anaesthetic so he can do some x-rays, and have a good look what is going on in his mouth, if the x-rays don't show anything then he is going to take another nasal swab to see if it is to do with the pasteurella and to see if it may respond better to a different antibiotic as he has been on baytril for about 3 months now and it's probably stopped working.

I don't know what else to say now except....Roll on monday and sorry Jill for hijacking your thread

Maaike_Butter
03-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Oh, thanks for the update!!! Good luck on Monday!!!!

luvabun
03-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Sue - you haven't hijacked my thread - its a shared one as we're going through the same trauma with our buns. Its comforting to know that you're not alone. Poor Jasper - is he eating etc.? I keep checking up on Totti in the "sick bay"... we're now up to 11 "currants". Please, please, please keep us posted on Jasper - my heart goes out to you.

Jaypot
03-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Oh heck - how blooming weird about poor Jasper- I do hope that he will be alright and that he can eat and produce properly. Poor wee man :( Give him a special snuggle from me and I'll keep on sending healing vibes to him.

Jaypot
03-02-2005, 07:50 PM
Yay, 11 currants - keep them coming Totti and you'll be back with your girlfriend in no time :D

luvabun
03-02-2005, 07:50 PM
PS Sue - did you try Classic FM as "stress relief for bunnies" and if so, did it work for you??? :lol:

bunnyhuggger
03-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Is Jasper having any problems with his legs on the same side, I was just thinking it may have been a tiny 'stroke' which has affected the muscles. Keep us updated pleeeeeeeeeeeez? :wink: Sending big hugs.

bunnyhuggger
03-02-2005, 08:02 PM
Good to hear Totti is 'producing'! Big nose rubs on their way!

luvabun
03-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Yay, 11 currants - keep them coming Totti and you'll be back with your girlfriend in no time :D
http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage12/1.gif
he's trying.... http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage12/1.gif

Suzi Wong
03-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Is Jasper having any problems with his legs on the same side, I was just thinking it may have been a tiny 'stroke' which has affected the muscles. Keep us updated pleeeeeeeeeeeez? :wink: Sending big hugs.

No....no leg problems He is having trouble eating though it's as if the food is falling out of his mouth he has had hardly any water for 2 days and doesn't want his pellets.
We have given him a dish of carrot pac choi parsley and broccoli cut up small he normally demolishes it within 5 minutes but he has been at this for 20 and still has loads left :cry:

Jaypot
03-02-2005, 08:34 PM

No....no leg problems He is having trouble eating though it's as if the food is falling out of his mouth he has had hardly any water for 2 days and doesn't want his pellets.
We have given him a dish of carrot pac choi parsley and broccoli cut up small he normally demolishes it within 5 minutes but he has been at this for 20 and still has loads left :cry:

Have you tried soaking his pellets? Soak them in some water, leave for about 15 mins, fluff up with a spoon and then see if he will take them. He has to eat and he has to drink poor little boy :( Try a soaked weetabix as well and see if he can manage that. Still sending loads of vibes to him.

luvabun
03-02-2005, 08:49 PM
I've had to put Totti in the sick bay overnight so I can monitor the eating/poong. However, I've brought his gf Brody in for a quick (conjucal :lol: :lol: ) visit and he followed her around, sticking his head under hers. It seems so cruel to split them up for the evening. so - dilemna.

Do I seperate the lovebirds so I can keep an eye on what Totti is producing or
b. keep them together now I know he's eating and looks like pooping

HELP!!!! :!: :!: :!:

Marlene
03-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Lots of kisses and snugglebums to Totti and Jasper http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Marlene_154/dogandhearts.gif

Jaypot
03-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Personally, and that is just me :lol: - I would keep them together, if he seems to be eating and pooping the stress of being separated from Brody could actually make the situation worse.
If he looks alright and you have a feeling in your bones that he is alright, then keep them together :D

luvabun
03-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Thanks Marlene - you're very wise... a bit like Obi-Wan Denny - help me you 2, you're my only hope :lol: :lol: together or seperate for the night :?:

Jaypot
03-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Thanks Marlene - you're very wise... a bit like Obi-Wan Denny - help me you 2, you're my only hope :lol: :lol: together or seperate for the night :?:

Tsk, read your mails woman :? I voted for together :D :lol: :lol:

smokeys owner
03-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Aaw, I hope Totti get's well soon.

If I were you, I would bring him in for the evening and keep a eye on him, if he's alright by tomorrow then put him back.

luvabun
03-02-2005, 09:07 PM

Tsk, read your mails woman :? I voted for together :D :lol: :lol:
Gulp - I've just looked in on them an there's no way I could split them - they just are so right together so.. .gulp... they're going back in their hutch for the night.

Marlene
03-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Oh Jill...poor Totti...for me I would keep them together for comfort but you know that is just me as a human so let's see what the others think!! I'm just thinking ....bad enough feeling poorly and then....I'm on my own..poor little darling

Denny
03-02-2005, 09:43 PM
sorry Jill , not logged on :roll: having forty winks :oops: :oops: which turned into an hour :roll: or two :oops:

Hhhmmm, together or seperate :? :? need to be poo monitor and nurse maid for the night :? :? well, I can only base this on my own experience and I know that, when my OH is il, there is NO WAY I will spend the night with him :wink: :lol: :lol: I tend to tuck myself up on the settee for a peaceful nights rest :wink: but here you have two loved up buns, so, if this was my dilemma I would keep them together but keep them both inside so I could still keep an eye on Totti for the night :wink: :D :D

Denny
03-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Suzi, so sorry to hear little Jasper is not well either :( :( :( fingers crossed for him. :)

Caz
03-02-2005, 11:36 PM
Oh no - hugs and snuggles to Totti and Jasper.

Hope they both feel better soon!!

Caz

Lynn
03-02-2005, 11:37 PM
Hope they are both feeling much better soon - sending lots of bunny hugs :love:

Rallybunny
04-02-2005, 09:37 AM
Glad Totti seems a bit better. Hope Jasper is feeling better again soon.

bunnytales
04-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Yay Jill - the Bunny Current Counter :) - Glad to hear little Totti is producing - Keep em coming little bunster!!!

Suzi - poor little Jasper - I'll keep fingers and paws crossed for your little bundle of trouble for Monday.

Sending Snuggles to both little bunsters.

luvabun
04-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Update on Totts - he has eaten pellets and nibble rings but no hay. I'm now a quality controller for currants we well as a counter :oops: :oops: i.e. they are small and don't have the fibre bits in them. Because he's eating hard pellets, the Vet thinks its not his teeth and he did still feel gassy so he's had another metaclopramide injection and we're booked in again for tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, he's now laid out in the sick bay, with his legs extended behind him, looking like he hasn't a care in the world.

Come on Jasper........ your turn...... your new partner in crime Totti sends nose rubs

Suzi Wong
04-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Jasper has had a good night, he is drinking loads this morning I am glad of that, He is eating a bit more but still very slow it seemed like he ate it better last night after he had his Metacam.

He has done a few poos but they are very tiny, so I will just keep watching him for now.

I wish it was Monday already :cry:

luvabun
04-02-2005, 11:06 AM
Jasper has had a good night, he is drinking loads this morning I am glad of that, He is eating a bit more but still very slow it seemed like he ate it better last night after he had his Metacam.

He has done a few poos but they are very tiny, so I will just keep watching him for now.

I wish it was Monday already :cry:

Ha!! Another poo quality controller :!: :oops: :lol: :!: this is going to seem like the longest weekend of your life. Come on Jasper - bigger and better poops please

MandyM
04-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Awwww poor babes, thinking of you both and sending big positive hugsx

Keep us postedx

Rallybunny
04-02-2005, 01:13 PM
Ha!! Another poo quality controller :!: :oops: :lol: :!: this is going to seem like the longest weekend of your life. Come on Jasper - bigger and better poops please

Join the club. :lol: I am even not stopping Evo chewing cardboard boxes quite so soon, cos at least it means he's eating something. :oops:

Bunnysam
04-02-2005, 02:21 PM
I hope Totti is feeling better. Billy had this last week.

There is a lot of this happening to our buns lately :cry:

Do you think cardboard boxes might be blocking them? Billy & Rosie demolish lots of them during the day plus their moulting .... I don't want to spoil their fun though.

Love another poo patroller :D

Bunnysam
04-02-2005, 02:24 PM
... and fingers crossed for little Jasper too :)

Sending cuddles and strokes to them both x

luvabun
04-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Totti is flatly refusing to eat hay and his miniscule poos reflect this. I normally restrict the amount of pellets he eats but this seems cruel seeing as I'm trying to get him to eat. Any suggestions - I've been told no veg as he is still full of gas.
note to Totti from your Mum **** better out than in ****

Jaypot
04-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Totti is flatly refusing to eat hay and his miniscule poos reflect this. I normally restrict the amount of pellets he eats but this seems cruel seeing as I'm trying to get him to eat. Any suggestions - I've been told no veg as he is still full of gas.
note to Totti from your Mum **** better out than in ****

I know you've been told no veg but could you try him with a few herbs maybe? This may get the gas out and start his tum working properly. He needs to exercise to keep the gut moving and he needs to eat - if he won't touch the hay then I would give him either herbs or a small amount of wet leafy greens to get the gut working.
Have you got any probiotic you could give him as well?
Now come on Totti - get on with your business :!:

luvabun
04-02-2005, 06:09 PM
I know you've been told no veg but could you try him with a few herbs maybe? This may get the gas out and start his tum working properly. He needs to exercise to keep the gut moving and he needs to eat - if he won't touch the hay then I would give him either herbs or a small amount of wet leafy greens to get the gut working.
Have you got any probiotic you could give him as well?
Now come on Totti - get on with your business :!:
No I haven't got a probiotic - is this something readily available that I should have in an emergency kit? He had a good belt round the garden with his girlfriend so got tons of exercise - I so hate seperating them.

Towsbuns
04-02-2005, 06:15 PM
You can get bio-lapis in sachets from the vets or most people on here recommend Avipro - which you can buy online.
I have some of the bio-lapis sachets in the bunny box - when they are either used up or out of date - I will get some avipro.

luvabun
04-02-2005, 06:20 PM
You can get bio-lapis in sachets from the vets or most people on here recommend Avipro - which you can buy online.
I have some of the bio-lapis sachets in the bunny box - when they are either used up or out of date - I will get some avipro.
sorry if this is a very basic question but what does a probiotic do? :?:

Caz
04-02-2005, 07:02 PM
It provides a dose of "friendly" bacteria like those daft yoghurt drink adverts say!! Basically attempts to crowd out the bad bacteria causing the wind (= stasis) by flooding the gut with loads of the good, commensal bacteria usually found in a rabbit's gut! It aids digestion of fibre as these are the bacteria naturally found in the gut that the rabbits use to help to break hay/grass down.

Caz

luvabun
04-02-2005, 07:13 PM
It provides a dose of "friendly" bacteria like those daft yoghurt drink adverts say!! Basically attempts to crowd out the bad bacteria causing the wind (= stasis) by flooding the gut with loads of the good, commensal bacteria usually found in a rabbit's gut! It aids digestion of fibre as these are the bacteria naturally found in the gut that the rabbits use to help to break hay/grass down.

Caz thanks Caz - so he's going to start skipping around and showing me up once he's had a few of these :lol: :lol:

Amelia
04-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Sorry.. haven't been on RU much and just saw this post.

Sending lots of bunny nose rubs to both Totti and Jasper x

Mubby
04-02-2005, 10:18 PM
Sorry.. haven't been on RU much and just saw this post.

Sending lots of bunny nose rubs to both Totti and Jasper x

Snap!

xxx snuggles & huggles

luvabun
05-02-2005, 10:33 AM
After Tottis second Meta -whatsit injection yesterday, I kept him in the sick bay to keep an eye on poops. Still not eating a single strand of hay and poos tiny so this morning, I took a few samples :oops: to the vets. It was a different Vet and when I said he's eating his pellets but not hay, he said that sounded like teeth. Thats what I had thought but the first Vet thought not as he was eating hard pellets. So Vet no. 2 checks the poos and agrees they are poor quality (small and hard) - I'm going to apply for a new job :oops: :lol: and his teeth. And yes, he has small spurs starting to form on his back teeth - this despite all the normal hay munching. So he's had a further injection of Meta plus a pain killer and an anti-inflammatory. If he eats hay now whilst he's on pain killers, that will confirm that his teeth need to be done. So I've got to keep an eye over the weekend. Now also, I kept them seperate last night as I had noticed the poor poops in the day and wanted to be sure. So have just put him back with Brody and she's chasing him round and mounting him. He's terrified (or a space cadet on the morphine type drug). I hope I haven't undone the good bonding work.

Rallybunny
05-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Hope Totti is munching hay as we speak. This is going to sound really silly, but would it be worth cutting some hay up into really short bits? Totti might be a bit more likely to start munching on that if his teeth are sore.

luvabun
05-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Hope Totti is munching hay as we speak. This is going to sound really silly, but would it be worth cutting some hay up into really short bits? Totti might be a bit more likely to start munching on that if his teeth are sore.
Funny you should say that as I've just given him the last bits out of a bag of Oxbow and some of them were quite short and soft. He's feeling very sorry for himself... not surprised as he's been a right pincushion these past few days. At least Brody's backed off and I've caught them having the odd snuggle together.

Denny
05-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Awww Jill, It just goes to show you how vets can differ in opinions :roll: good job you got a different vet this time :) will Totti be going in for a dental now as well? hopefully Totti will start to turn the corner once the offending teeth are sorted :wink:

Fingers crossed for Totti and for you as I feel stressed out for you so god knows how you feel :( keep up the good work of currant counting :) you could always start an art and craft hobbt and make an abacus with the currants :wink: :D

luvabun
05-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Awww Jill, It just goes to show you how vets can differ in opinions :roll: good job you got a different vet this time :) will Totti be going in for a dental now as well? hopefully Totti will start to turn the corner once the offending teeth are sorted :wink:

Fingers crossed for Totti and for you as I feel stressed out for you so god knows how you feel :( keep up the good work of currant counting :) you could always start an art and craft hobbt and make an abacus with the currants :wink: :D

:lol: :lol: Well at least my vet won't be squeamish when told what the abacus counters are made from :lol: he wasn't fazed at all by my samples. He described Tottis teeth as "borderline" and that if I can encourage him to eat the hay, the fledgling spurs may get worn down naturally. He may need a dental but as it would be under anaesthetic or heavy sedation, thats a last resort. Just been and got some more of the organic hay - 3 bales this time :oops: :oops: :oops: well it is 26 miles away so I have to make it worth my while. So no doubt there will be a little visit to a rescue or two coming up - can't have the lounge as well as the downstairs loo taken over by bags of hay. Fingers crossed for my precious little munchkin.

Denny
05-02-2005, 03:41 PM
We All have fingers and legs crossed for Totti Jill :D :D although I think maybe Kara had just better stay with fingers crossed :wink:

bunnytales
05-02-2005, 04:38 PM
Awwww Little Totti - poor bunster - certainly been through the mill the last week but good ole you Gill for keeping on the with Vets - blimey its so worrying when one Vet tells you one thing and then another something different.

Hope the Hay munching is going well.

Adele
05-02-2005, 05:05 PM
OMG Jill, I am so sorry I missed your thread :shock: ..if you wondered why I have not emailed you, it is because I have only just found out about poor Brody and Totti :?
i have been so caught up with things here, everything else has gone to pot :!: , except for the rabbits of course :shock: :lol: :lol: .

Sorry that you have had such a worrying time with your little darlings, and it sounds like you are doing everything you can to nurse them back to health.
Sending love and hugs to you, and snuggles for the bunnies
XXX

Maaike_Butter
05-02-2005, 06:15 PM
I've got everything crossed for you that I possibly can, I can cross my toes, so that's extra crossing!

luvabun
05-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Thanks for all your well wishes - update on the munchkin. The Vet said the pain killer would last for 6 hours and its gone beyond that and he's still munching hay - surely a good sign? I won't be too descriptive with the currants - some of you may be eating - but they seem more normal as well now( they have been very strange). All 3 of them attacked the fresh hay that Caz put me on to - thanks Caz, I can't thank you enough.

They still seem as devoted to each other as ever - phew.

Ciao for now
Jill
poo quality controller extraordinaire

Adele
05-02-2005, 06:43 PM

:thumb: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caz
05-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Thanks for all your well wishes - update on the munchkin. The Vet said the pain killer would last for 6 hours and its gone beyond that and he's still munching hay - surely a good sign? I won't be too descriptive with the currants - some of you may be eating - but they seem more normal as well now( they have been very strange). All 3 of them attacked the fresh hay that Caz put me on to - thanks Caz, I can't thank you enough.

They still seem as devoted to each other as ever - phew.

Ciao for now
Jill

That's excellent news - did you use my credit?

Caz

luvabun
05-02-2005, 11:07 PM
Jill

Caz No Caz 'cos I recall you asking for the phone number recently so I thought you were going to get some more and use it yourself.

Caz
05-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Jill

Caz No Caz 'cos I recall you asking for the phone number recently so I thought you were going to get some more and use it yourself.

I still have loads left - may have to share it around before it goes off though and get some fresh. The phone number was actually for someone else :lol: !

Caz

luvabun
06-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Got up this morning and my little man was cold and lifeless -obvious he hadn't eaten. So I syringed him some recovery and took him to a friends whilst I was at work. They have diligently syringe fed him every couple of hours and, although not his usual self, looked a bit better. Anyway, we're off to the vets in the morning (more time off work) and I suppose it will be a dental now. Poor little Totts.

luvabun
06-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Got up this morning and my little man was cold and lifeless -obvious he hadn't eaten. So I syringed him some recovery and took him to a friends whilst I was at work. They have diligently syringe fed him every couple of hours and, although not his usual self, looked a bit better. Anyway, we're off to the vets in the morning (more time off work) and I suppose it will be a dental now. Poor little Totts.

bunnytales
06-02-2005, 10:05 PM
oh blimey you must be worried - poor little Totti - sounds like your pals did a grand job during the day looking after your little bunster though.

I'll be thinking of you tomorow - give us all a shout when you can to let us know how little Totti is doing.

Sending a bunny snuggle.

Jaypot
06-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Oh heck - I do hope that all can be sorted out tomorrow - poor little man :( Glad that you had friends that could look after him so well.
How is he doing now?
Sending loads of healing vibes and snuggles to Totti xxx

Jaypot
06-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Sending loads of healing vibes for Jasper tomorrow - hope that all goes well and that he is up and about in no time.
Snuggles to him xxxx

luvabun
06-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Oh heck - I do hope that all can be sorted out tomorrow - poor little man :( Glad that you had friends that could look after him so well.
How is he doing now?
Sending loads of healing vibes and snuggles to Totti xxxMy friends were actually better at syringe feeding him than me :oops: I end up with green gloop all over his pristine white fur - he steadfastly refuses to open his mouth for me, even though my mate showed me the trick of putting your finger in at the side, just didn't manage it. H'es now back with his lover so hoepfully they'll snuggle up tonight then I'll march him in to the vets tomorrow. I'm feeling a mixture of emotions - sadness for my poor little fella, exasperation 'cos I tried so hard to do the right thing by him diet wise, worry as he'll have to have an anaesthetic.. my emotions are in turmoil

luvabun
06-02-2005, 11:05 PM
darn double post :roll:

nicolar
06-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Oh how worrying for you :( Sending you and Totti all my love and best wishes, I hope everything goes well tomorrow morning. So lucky you had wonderful friends today :)

Aerry
07-02-2005, 12:01 AM
I really do hope that Totti gets better. He's obviously well loved.

Get well soon, Totti. We all love you loads. XXX

rngpwelfare
07-02-2005, 12:42 AM
I hope both animals get on well at the vets tomorrow, and that their families get some answers.

fingers crossed and good luck wishes on there way to you both. Keep us posted.

Rallybunny
07-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Hope both Jasper & Totti get on ok at the vets today....please keep us updated!

Suzi Wong
07-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Jasper went over the Rainbow bridge at 2.30pm today

Run free my baby, go find your Brother Dusty.

luvabun
07-02-2005, 08:38 PM
OMG Sue, I'm so sorry to hear that, you must be devastated. What happened (if you feel up to talking about it). Makes me appreciate my precious little buncle of fluff even more (if thats possible)

luvabun
07-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Hi - Totti here.
Just want to say thank you for all your lovely messages and kind words of support - it means so much. Mum has just told me about Jasper - that is so sad as there's another bunny Mum trying to do her best. I'll give my Mum an extra lick to show her I appreciate what she's done for me. I'm a bit groggy still, apparently I had an operation but don't know anything about it. It will apparently make it easier for me to eat. Eating has been very painful as my back teeth had sharp, pointed spurs on them which were digging in my tongue. I'm back with my girlfriend Brody. Was a bit nervous as for the past 3 days, after we've beeen seperated, she's got over amorous with me.... I wouldn't normally mind but I'm still a bit delicate. Anyway she's a clever girl and has picked up on this and is nuzzling me and licking me instead. Might milk this post op malarky :wink: Thanks all xxx with love Totti

Adele
07-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Jasper went over the Rainbow bridge at 2.30pm today

Run free my baby, go find your Brother Dusty.

:cry: So sorry and saddened to hear your news Suzi, we are thinking of you.
Sending our love and hugs.
Adele

Adele
07-02-2005, 08:49 PM
Jill it is fantastic that Totti is back home with you, Brody and Molly. Hope he has a nice peaceful night and feels even better tomorrow, bless him.
XX

Suzi Wong
07-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Sorry can't post now

will later when I can see thing clearly

nicolar
07-02-2005, 09:06 PM
I'm so sorry bout Jasper, that is so sad :(

nicolar
07-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Glad Totti is home safe and well :)

anon101
07-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Sue I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.

Sending lots of hugs!

Louise

anon101
07-02-2005, 09:17 PM
Sending lots of postive vibes to Totti! Hope he has a goodnight with his girlfriend!

Louise

bunnytales
07-02-2005, 09:24 PM
Oh Suzi I'm so sorry to hear about little Jasper this must be devastating for you. But you've been brill and you've done everything you could and your little bunster will thank you for that.

Binky Free little Jasper - sending a goodnight snuggle. X

bunnytales
07-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Jill - glad to hear that Totti is o.k and hopefully is on the way to recovery, I'll keep fingers and paws crossed that your little bunster continues to do well.

Bunny Kisses sent.

Jaypot
07-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Fantastic news about Totti- keeping all fingers crossed that he continues to improve quickly. And as for milking this post op malarky - don't you all anyway :lol:
Sending snuggles your way Totti and not forgetting Brody and Molly too - wouldn't want them left out now would we :wink:

Jaypot
07-02-2005, 09:56 PM
It really broke my heart to hear about Jasper :cry: I honestly thought that he would be better and home and well. So very sorry Suzi - my heart goes out to you.
Run free in the eternal sunshine Jasper - so wanted and so loved xxxx

BinkyBun
07-02-2005, 10:20 PM
I'm so so sorry. My heart goes out to you. Binky to heaven little Jasper xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Caz
07-02-2005, 11:11 PM
My heart goes out to you and your daughter at the loss of Jasper. I am sure he is missing you guys madly too!!

Glad Totti is feeling better I am thinking of you too!

Love Caz

beck
08-02-2005, 08:07 AM
So sorry to hear about Jasper :( thinking of you.xx

beck
08-02-2005, 08:09 AM
Glad that Tottie is doing well, hope he had a good night.

MandyM
08-02-2005, 12:08 PM
So sorry to hear about Jasper, thinking of youxxxx

Binky free little onex

MandyM
08-02-2005, 12:10 PM
Glad to hear Totti's getting better.xx