• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bald spot

maryflynn

Warren Scout
I have been on hol for a week and got back yesterday, A friend was house sitting and looking after Mitsy n her babies, everything went really well apart from a mysterious bald part on her nose. Ben says he reckons she may hav been scratched by a cat whilst in the garden but he didnt see anything, Im concerned as the hair is clean off the skin with no signs of the skin being scratched/bruised/marked or even sore. She is in no pain and it looks just like the hair has been shaved off so im thinking a cat attack would have marked the skin, right? which leads me to being unsure where it came from, any ideas? :? :?

Over zealous grooming? Not sure but I heard some buns can be a bit too rough with the grooming. Maybe take her to the vet if you're really worried. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mmm I thought that but its on her nose so she couldnt really bite there, here's a pic

sunday011.jpg

no but something else could have bite her, or she could have caught it on something. hows her babies? have you found homes for them yet?

Ooh shes a cutie and hte little one behind!! Possibly one of the little ones accidently did it while grooming or something? You have a lovely little furry family there :D xxxx

Her babies are just adorable 3 are charcoal, 3 black, one honey, one black n white, they r just so so cute. Havent fond homes yet.. I want them!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D But my evil nasty boyf wont let me lol :evil: :evil: theres a friend of mine who had a little boy who wants one but im a bit worried he'll go off it when the bun grows up, u kno what kids r like, but all my friends say im mad if i believe ill get adult owners with no kids for them all, i kno its daft but at the mo there're mine n i really want the best for them :cry:

Thats not daft at all! Its good that your responsible - so many people aren't and thats when you end up with all the poor little buns on the rescue sites looking for new homes! xxxxxxx

do you have any more pics of the baby buns?? What breed are they? xxx

Back