• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amount of Allen and Page pellets to give?

nicolar

Mama Doe
Hi

I'm just switching my buns over onto the A + P pellets, how much do ppl normally give their buns? I gave the bag to a friend and forgot to look!!

Thanks

Nicola

allen & page

all my buns have about half a mug full every night.Aswell as their fresh veggies in the mornings and sometimes a treat of a slice of apple, half a cracker or small bit of burnt toast.Do you want me to check the sack for suggested amounts? :)
Lynne

That would be great Lynne, thanku so much :) I'm so silly not to have checked it before I gave it to my friend!! :D

mine have a 1/2 a cup every nite with a some freash food and a pile of hay in the morning, but it does depend on the rabbits size
becky

Hi Nicola

I am quite stingy with pellets, as I am so keen they eat their hay!! I give Mighty Max one normal size handful in the morning, and then nothing more until bedtime, when he (and all the others) get a mountain of greens to keep them occupied through the night :lol: :lol:

Like Mightymax I am also very stingy with Pellets.

I give two small handfuls of A&P a day. Really just enough to cover the bottom of a bowl. They eat loads of hay and greens etc.

Louise

Thanks everybody, I'll just go with what suits them then, they don't get much dry food now anyhow! Lots of hay and veggies :)

Back