• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One play space, two cages

lauren K.

Young Bun
Okay, last question for today.

I have two bunnies in separate cages, but in one room. I open the cage doors one at a time, so give them liberty to run about. They sniff at each other through the bars. However, my boy bunny sometimes gets very antsy and seems upset in his cage when the little girl is exploring the room. Meanwhile, when he is exploring the room, he drops marking pellets all over the place, and occasionally even thumps his feet. I am worried that this is stressing out the little one (who is sick). I thought that this would be a good set-up, because then they would be used to each other by the time I got ready to bond them, and the room would already be familiar to both of them. Has anyone else ever used a situation like this with their bunnies? How did it work out? Any advice/ideas about helping the boy to act a bit less territorial about the "public" space in the room?

Should I just move the little one's cage into a new room for the time being?

I would think moving the girl into another room would just make the problem worse, as then your boy would definately think he owns the room. Then he'd be even more annoyed if he could see her wandering around.

I'm no bonding expert though (failed on all our bonding attempts! :roll: ) so other people could probably give better advise.

Back