• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harriet has gone to the Bridge

Lizzie

Mama Doe
My darling angel finally told me that she had had enough, the cancer had just got too much so we eased her journey to another place this afternoon, she died in my arms and I will never stop loving my sweet and faithful pal of nearly 12 years.

Run free my little sweetheart with all your limbs in the lovely green fields, no more pain, no more anguish, just peace and tranquility. My heart has gone with you.

I am so sorry not to have sent personal messages but it is so painful and I want everyone to know. :cry:

Sorry to hear your sad news Lizzie. 12 years.. wow thats a great age for a dog! Just remember your good times together..

Oops sorry Lizzie i didnt realise Harriet was your dog. I can imagine how much she will be missed.
Take care.

Oh Lizzie what can we say :cry: :cry: :cry: I feel truly Honoured to have met your beautiful Harriet, and I can only imagine what you must be feeling right now.

We are all here with you, and you will not be alone over the forthcoming days and weeks, please do not hesitate to phone me at anytime, I will probably only cry with you down the phone :cry: :roll: but you know we are here.

Sending all out love, sympathy and great big HUGS

Adele, David and rabbits
XXXXX

Oh Lizzee, this really is like losing a best friend. In time hopefully you'll remember the many good times you had.

with love

Oh god, Im so sorry to hear she has gone. My biggest hugs ever to you and Lottie. My heart sank when I seen the topic, Im just so sorry to hear this.

Run free Harriet. Enjoy those green fields and run like mad.

Angela

Thanks, folks, but for those of you who don't know her, I am sorry that I did not explain that Harriet is a beautiful cocker spaniel. I will post a pic of her later, I'm just too upset now to fiddle with the computer.

ow lizzie i am so very sorry, my heart and thoughts are with you honey and little harriet. bless her...

best wishes

Eve x

Oh lizzie,im so sorry,my thoughts are with you if you need to talk im here you helped me a lot when i lost william.
run free harriet xxxx

Oh, Lizzie, I'm so, so sorry. I'm so very happy to have met the wonderful Harriet in real life, she was a wonderful, wonderful dog. I loved her straight away!

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I don't know what else to say, except that you're in my thoughts...

*hugs*

I am so very sad at you news Lizzie.

Harriet is now running free and looking down on you - I am sure she is telling all the other animals what a lovely mummy she had.

I am thinking of you and our doggie Meg is sending you a big lick and a huge old english sheepdog big furry hug.

lol Pam

So sorry to hear this news Lizzie :cry: :cry: Harriet was a stunning looking lady with such gorgeous curly locks, truely beautiful.

The special bond that we have with our pets is one of love, companionship, and loyal friendship, we all know that it is this special bond that makes the parting so very hard and painful and my heart goes out to you Lizzie :cry: :cry:

Time is a healer although it may not seem like that at the moment but you will smile with fondest memories of Harriet one day and be so glad that she was a part of your life, and still is apart of your life as we never forget those whom we love so very very much

run free little Harriet

I'm so sorry to hear our very sad news Lizzie.

Please take comfort in that you gave her everything you could to try a slow this horrible disease, you made her last few months good ones.

Take care love and hugs to both you and Lottie.

My heart goes out to you Lizzie :( You made Harriet so very happy and she had a wonderful life with you. This must be so hard for you but you did the greatest thing of all, you let her go when she asked you to. The ultimate sacrifice of all, letting a loved one go when all we want to do is keep them with us :cry:
Harriet will be remembered by so many people, those who met her, those who only read about her - her memory will go on in so many people's hearts and that is a wonderful tribute to a wonderful girl.
Take care of yourself and give yourself time - soon you will remember all the great things that you both did together.
Run free now Harriet, in a young fit body that no-one or nothing can ever hurt or make ill again. Have fun playing in the fields and if you see any of the Hairy Mob, tell them that I love them so much.
Time has no meaning at the Bridge, in the blink of Harriet's eye you will be reunited again.
Sending hugs and comforting vibes.

So very sorry to hear about Harriet :cry:
She had a wonderful life with you and you were ther for har at the end.
Take care, thinking of you.x

Oh Lizzie - I was so sorry to hear this news Last night re lovely Harriet and my heart goes out to you at this sad time as I know you must be devastated to have had to part with her and you were so kind and brave to have nursed her illness through the past months with such strength - you've always been there to help her even during the toughest time yesterday.

She was such a lovely pooch and touched the hearts of everyone, like many others together with MandyM we were lucky to meet this Gal and she was such a poppit - so brave and spirited and clearly loved her pal Lotti and her Mum with such a big heart.

I think sometimes it can be difficult to explain the bonds we form with animals who touch our lives and the grief that follows when we part from them but I know little Harriet would be telling her mum to be brave now and sending some strength to help you and her pal Lotti through the coming times and saying "give us a smile mum" - I'm all healed now you know!!

Thinking of you and sending cuddles to Lotti and your furry crew.

Run Free now little Harriet - Sending a soft muzzle kiss XXX

I'm so sorry Lizzie that she felt it was time to go. She has been such a brave dog and held on so long and I am sure that was just so she could spend more time with her beloved mum and I am sure it was because of the lavish care and devotion you showed to her she made it this far.

Run free little Harriet - with all our love!

Caz

Thank you everyone for all your lovely messages, it means so much. My heart is still breaking and I feel as though it will never mend but Harriet is free and that is the important thing. Here is a picture which was taken on Wednesday afternoon - she really looks quite perky, I think.

Harriet260105.jpg

Back