• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Don't laugh...

LurcherGirl

Mama Doe
Magic is not a happy bunny. He has two nasty lesions by his shoulder blades (from VHD vaccination) and he kept licking and scratching them despite the injections yesterday. So ---------- desperate situations call for desperate measures:

Magic%200105-3.jpg

Magic%200105-1.jpg

Magic%200105-4.jpg

I went through some old dolls' clothes and found this little jumper - just the right size for Magic... :oops: :) I think it is doing the trick - no more licking and scratching... although Magic is so embarassed, it is not true... :oops: :oops: :lol:

aawwww Magic looks so sweet, and that is a great idea you have had there with the dolls jumper :wink: :D
I have cut up old socks to make a cover for a rabbits tum when they have had stitches!. :wink:
PS I did not laugh...Much!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least you found him a blue one - imagine the blushes from him if you only had pink!!

:lol:

Caz

If she carries on doing this you may be best getting her checked out, as she could be hurt internally. But then she also may be just frightened.
:lol: :lol: :lol: How on earth did you get it on him? Looks very sweet though.

:shock: awwwwwwwww, how chic! Vera see if you can get a pic of him face-on so we could get a proper looky, go'an, go'an you know you want to .......... :wink:

Romy said:
Soooo cute!!! How did you get it on him?? xxxx :) :bunny:

just thinking the same thing... I can do some odd things to Ollie but that it pushing it! lol

He looks lovely though!! are you gonna keep it on him when the shoulders clear up? - I'd have to, he looks adorable!!

Hows about new designer clothing for wabbits? The 'Magic' range?

Oooh I'd love to get Darcy in a pink jumper!! Think he'd feel differently tho!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He wasn't too impressed when I put it on. But because he is long haired and used to being brushed and handled, he didn't put up too much of a struggle...

Animal fashion? Look at my lurcher - it's all going on in this house: :lol:

Dylan%200105-1.jpg

But I don't think I will continue the "Magic line" once it is cleared up (although it wouldn't be hard as I actually knitted Magic's little jumper myself - about 25 years ago... 8) :lol: Didn't think I was ever going to use it on a rabbit though... :lol: ) I think that would go a little bit too far...

Vera

Back