• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

How can u tell if bunnies are cold

you can tell how cold they are by there ears, but snowing or not they can suffer the cold just not damp or drafts, and you can put a sock over the water bottle stops it freezing.

Thanks bunnylove... they're in the shed and got snuggle safes and vet bed so sure the buns are fine.. just wanted to make sure.

Think it's just me thats feeling the cold :)

me to i had no heating all weekend, o/h took rad of to tile behind it damaged the combi when trying to repressurise. but you buns are just spoilt, :lol: as mine are also in the shed all nine and they dont have vet bed or snugglepacks, and there fine relatively warm eats....

but then i could not afford 10 x vet bed or 10 x snugglepacks but if anyone wants to kindly donate then pm and i will leave you the adress, :lol:

No way could I afford 10 snuggle pads :lol: luckily I managed to get mine before the prices went up.. and then they have to share :lol: :lol:

I think I liken my buns to humans too much and think cos I'm cold they might be :lol:

Think they should be worrying about me in that case :lol:

I just wish they'd get it into their head that it is winter and therefore they shouldn't be moulting everywhere :lol:

for how much i look after my buns, when i had no heating not one of them spoilt gits went to the pet shop and got me one of those snugglepads!!!

but seriously they are moulting to get there thicker winter coat, dont worry they wont get cold...

and another thing will i am on a rant do you think these buns are good for our healths all we do is worry and stress over them, i have turned grey since having buns!!!

bunnylove said:
and another thing will i am on a rant do you think these buns are good for our healths all we do is worry and stress over them, i have turned grey since having buns!!!

Know that feeling well... am constantly worrying about them and I've only got four rabbits!!

All my friends who don't have rabbits thinks I'm mad.. :lol:

My buns have refused to set foot outside for the last few days! I keep opening the back door in the hope they'll hop out, but they have a quick sniff and dart up the stairs before I can give them a push! :?

hELLO (ooh caps lock!)
Just wanted to say HI! I live in Eastbourne tooooo... Isn't it great?!
Its good to know there are other bunny mad people around. Also could you recommend me a rabbit friendly vet in the area pleeease?
*whispers* Flopsy needs speying soon.

Marigold said:
hELLO (ooh caps lock!)
Just wanted to say HI! I live in Eastbourne tooooo... Isn't it great?!
Its good to know there are other bunny mad people around. Also could you recommend me a rabbit friendly vet in the area pleeease?
*whispers* Flopsy needs speying soon.

Hiya :)

I am with Chase Veterinary Practice on Green Street in Old Town, but they also have practices on Seaside Road and the vets alternate between the practices.

I have two bunnies neutered and one spayed and think the vets I have seen are brilliant and v rabbit friendly! They also have walk in clinics which is useful as well :)

My guys are outside buns. I give them extra blankie at night. Last night they had warm ears and feet so they are fine!!

For vet beds, try Ebay! :D They're muuuuuuuuch cheaper there, and if you want to buy several, the guy's really nice and might do you a deal! :D

My heating doesn't go on until 16.30 so between 10 and 16.30, if I'm at home, I freeze my bum off, whilst the girls snuggle together nice and warm...grrrr, lemme in there!!!!

Back