• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello All! Please Help with my problem!!!

Holx

New Kit
Hi all, Hollie im new here and lookig for help!! Ive been adviced by someone who knew this site and said you could help me!

Right. well the story is;
About 2 months and abit ago, a friend of the family had a domestic rabbit, which has been disowned by its owners, in her back garden since may. She didnt have the first clue on rabbits and as soon as she told me about it, i told her to catch it for me and id take it on.
About 2 weeks after having this lovely female dutch rabbit she gives birth to 7 babies!! and yes these babies are certainly Not Dutch rabbits, they are Half Wild :!: :!: So i now have a problem! they are now almost 8 weeks old and are taking after the father, basically they are very wild!
The thing is i was only meant to be taking on one rabbit here, not 8! and i dont know what to do with the babies. Can any one offer me any advice on what i can do with them? I dont think i could pass these off as domestic rabbits to a pet shop! :?
Any advice id be most greatful for!

Holx

Just wanted to say hello Holly :wave:

I can't help with your dilemna, but I'm sure some others will be along soon to offer advice :)

Hia and welcome! Sorry to hear about your extended wild family! How do the wild ones act (sorry if thats a really stupid question -I'm just a bit dim!!) xxx :oops:

hi there and welcome, you come from a lovely part of the world, i take my son there to the agnes hunt hosp. for treatment, lucky for me its only every eight weeks cause we have a 5 hour drive there and then another 5 hours back again...long day!

sorry about your problem, have you found a difference between them and the domestic?

can you not keep them? have you advertised on the rehoming site?

i am sure someone with experience with wild buns will be alone soon to offer some advise?

eve x

Romy said:
Hia and welcome! Sorry to hear about your extended wild family! How do the wild ones act (sorry if thats a really stupid question -I'm just a bit dim!!) xxx :oops:

Um? ..Well basically as the meaning is, wild! they are very timid, Bang their feet like Crazy when trying to pick them up, Scrach you and some times sqeall when picking them up. Their mother is Lovely, shes got the sweetest nature, so they certainly dont take after her but im sure if they were seperated and given alot of attenchion they could be abit like her. I suppose being all together they work eachother up when anything happens i.e being picked up.
I would love to beable to do this but i already have my plate full with my G.piggys! and i just dont have the room for them. these will grow big like there mother!
Might have found someone who could help already, But im still open for advice just incase! So please anyone who can help, let me know! :wink:

It might be a good idea if you post this on the "Rabbits in Need" section of the forum, it might have more response there!

Good luck with it, sounds like you've got quite a task!

Hello, btw! :)

Maybe if these little buns are too wild they could become residents at a sanctuary but they might come around with age. Do what maaike suggests and put a post in the in need section.
Welcome too by the way :D interesting problem.

:oops: :oops: sorry Hollie, should have said Hello first , just read your topic on rabbits in need, wild bunnies ay, i bet they are cute :D

Hello Hollie :D :wave: and all your furries :wave:

Back