• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing veggies

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
Hey all! :D

The time has come to reintroduce veggies to Evo. We felt that the hay and pellets diet has done nothing to decrease the amount of attacks of stasis he has, and if anything, they've become more frequent since he's benn on this diet. We are hoping to wean him off pellets completely, so he is on a hay and veggie diet eventually.

We tried carrot over the weekend, and I don't know if it was a coincidence, but we have seen a small amount of soft poos since then. This is from one small slice of carrot, once a day.

Was just wondering what other veg is 'gentle' to introduce to a bun tum?

THANKS,
Laura & Evo XXX

I would think that herbs might be fairly gentle to introduce - I read somewhere that mint and basil are also really good for digestion. Herbs are definitely a bunny favourite in my house. :)

Parsley - I had three beautiful pots of it growing on my garden table until I discovered that Azlan likes to jump - I now have three pots of stalks!!
Spring greens and brocolli are other favourites in my house.

curly kale or dark leafed cabbage, parsley, coriander all favourites of simba's.

Were the poos normal ones Laura? just softer than usual? Just keep an eye on them.. dont want him to go the other way and get the runs.

Diddeen said:
Were the poos normal ones Laura? just softer than usual? Just keep an eye on them.. dont want him to go the other way and get the runs.

Just soft normal ones I think. Not quite caecal ones, but definitely not the runs.

Sorry don't know about the rabbits, but I've eaten two bags of grapes this afternoon, bad mistake I need to move my desk into the loo.

Back