• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT, OH MY GOD PLEASE HELP

Without printing the full details, please help us. I have over 40 rabbits and 30 guineas who are ok, but my partner's rabbits are in danger. She has been ill for a few months and she has now been admitted to hospital with hearth and lung problems. Most are in neutered pairs and are VHD'd.

i

Where is your partner's place Alice? Is she in Gloucester too?
How many rabbits are we talking about? Do they have hutches?

I think, Alice's partner is near or in Bristol Jeremy :?

Alice, give us more details so people can help :)

Oh NO! So sorry to hear this :? hope your friend will be okay..please give us as much info , as you can, so we can organise some urgent help.

We need to know if hutches are available, so folk can perhaps temporarily foster some :D

Can anyone get intouch with Alice :?: sounds like she is trying to split herself between her own buns, her partners buns and the hospital :shock: sounds very serious urgent situation :(

urgent help needed

HI

I am so sorry to hear about this sad situation i live in bristol and if i can be of anyhelp on a temp basis please let me know :D

Hope things get better for you soon xx

Rayna

I have tried phoning but could not get through, nor leave a message, so I have emailed Alice instead. I expect that poor Alice is very tied up with things and will contact us just as soon as she is able to :wink:

Thanks Adele :) keep us posted please :D Hope Alices partner is ok too:( she will need to recoup for some months with heart and lung problems :(

They have quite alot of bunnies dont they Adele :? :?: do they have just buns or other animals as well :?:

Dear all,

Thank you so much for your concern. Adele was right I have been running myself ragged but I feel I have achieved very little!

Jane (Warwick's Rabbits) is coming to help me on Tuesday with her friend Sue. My friend Jane (in hospital) is seriously ill and our plan is to home my bunnies first and then I have room to move her bunnies down. We both live near Gloucester and although hutches are available with Jane's rehomers they are not with mine.

At least I have found help for watering and cleaning/feeding has been found. I have been to visit her tonight as some nurse told Jane this am she had between 5 -6 years to live, as you can imagine Jane was in tatters, all she is worried about is her animals. She also has birds, parrots, lovebirds etc but the rabbits are her main concern.

Sorry I am rambling! Our plan of attack is that Jane and Sue (Warwick Rabbits) are coming to get photos etc on this site. I am asking the local paper to do an article. In the meantime bunnies are okay, my vet has been made aware of the situation and he is getting the few non neutered sorted out!

Most of the ones going on the web site will be neutered pairs, VHD'd, rexes, cashmeres, netherlands, a british giant x with an agouti, dwarf lops, lion heads and some wonderful cross breeds. I always love the last type, my dogs and cats are cross breeds/mongrels and I spend ages deciding what wonderful pedigrees they have in them!

We also have some single neutered females, lionhead, dwarf lop and a couple of single neutered males.

Hope this answers most of your queries. Sorry to leave my message and abandon everyone!

Alicecl nalei vewv

Oh goodness, that sounds horrible!!! :(

A NURSE told her?! I thought doctors were only allowed to do that!

Please keep us posted, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we're all worried!

I am really sorry to hear this :( I am also disgusted that a nurse was allowed to divulge that type of information to a patient :evil:
If you see Jane (Warwick) then tell her that Ebony-Eyes will be able to take a bonded pair and they can live in the bunny house if that will help in some small way. Jane knows what type of buns we take in as we have had a few from her - she knows that the bunny house ones are usually fitter than the house buns and are ones that are not that keen on human company - sorry for rambling :oops:
Please send my best wishes to your Jane and tell her that we are all rooting for her and will all do our best to help in any way that we can.

I am really sorry to hear about your partner Jane :( what devastating news :( :cry: if there is anything anybody can help with Alice, please do post it.

As Jay has said, please send Jane our best wishes and let her know that she is in our thoughts.

How many buns are you hoping to rehome quickly Alice :?:

Thank you Jaypot, Jane (Warwick) is coming on her white charger Tuesday so perhaps we can make arrangements for her to choose a bonded pair, I will e mail her in case she needs to contact you.

Denny, I spoke to Jane last night and she has 31 she will let go for re homing at present. Mine (and Jane/Warwick)'s idea is that we put as many of mine as possible on this site and then I will have room in the future for the other Jane's when the need arises. Originally I had 20 for re homing but I am going to put some of my own on the site, if they are wonderful homes I will let them go. Obviously I have some of my own I cannot release but I have to be sensible!

I have managed to bring 6 of Janes to my place, 2 cashmeres, who I think need some attention, a pair of young black lionheads and 2 Jane has begged me to keep for when she comes home. I am hoping to pair them but first I will check with the vet to make sure we do not have the patter of bunny baby feet!

Alice

Thanks for the reply Alice, I really feel for you and Jane, :( we will all keep our eyes peeled for possible potential good forever homes for you :)

fingers crossed :) especially for Jane your partner :) she must be terribly worried :( :cry:

Back