• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Third Bunny?

Nicola T

New Kit
Hi, we are thinking on maybe taking in another bunny to join our bonded pair. Can anyone tell which would be best a male or female bunny? Also if we decided to take 2 new bunnies would it best for another bonded pair?

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Hiya,

I would think it would be better to take on another two instead of one. I took on Bob because he needed a home, but then panicked that he would spoil Bea and Marls relationship (cracks started to form with him about). So I rehomed Maisie. However the bonding is a long process, so please make sure you have a lot of room, time and patience.

Let us know what you decide. :)

Thanks Tree, I think 2 bunnies rather than 1 but thought I'd ask the question. I see from the message above that you taking on the task of bonding 4 bunnies, can you keep me posted on how this is going and good luck, hope it all works out for you, the bunnies look sooo sweet!!!

Hopefully I'll be able to get a couple of bunnies in a few months, if I can persuade my hubby that is!!!!

Have fun.

:D I will let you know how bonding goes, hopefully your hubby will give you the green light, I always find bribing helps :lol:

I've been considering adopting a third bun too, having fallen for the babies in our local pet shop. (swore blind I've never do it, but they are just beautiful) we've got a spare hutch and everything.

We have a neutred boy and girl obviously, so could take on eithier.
I'm leaning more towards a boy, heard some stories about girls having terrible fights (figure Branwen would be happier with a toy boy rather than competing with a younger woman).

Two would obviously be ideal, but still need to convince my folks to take on one more. That'll be hard enough.

Hey sage have you seen the baby girl magpie bunnies wanting a home from Brighton. Look in bunnies in need they are gorgeous and need rehoming.

I've been thinking about getting a little pal for my Darcy. Is it best to get a girl or can you have two boys together? xx

Bonding can work or it will not. I have 3 buns that have all been bonded to the other/s at different times. I`m lucky that they all loved eachother straight off.

If you have a male, a female would be better than another male.

At the mo I have 1 fixed female and 2 fixed males. I`m going to get a 4th, a Enderby Island Bunny. She will be a baby female with papers so we can show her as none of my 3 now are showable unless I travel a few hours. (some shows have pet sections but thats only for breeding stock for the kids to show !! sigh)

I do have another cage if a bonding doesn`t work thou. But I think my new bab will be sleeping alone till I know the other 3 will leave her be at night and cuddle her and not harass!!

bronie

bronie

Back