• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*Yells over the noise*...

...sudden digging behaviour?! What do I do about it and what does it mean???!!!

Xena's all of a sudden started digging in the litter box like crazy. She's chucking it all over the place, and if she continues, will drive me round the bend tonight when I'm trying to sleep!

Anyone have any idea what might have brought this on? She was digging into the sheet I have under their vet bed in their "run" as well, this morning...she's always dug a bit, but it's become worse since Harry left...

Anyone got any ideas to help a tired bunny mommy be able to sleep tonight?!

Mine does that some times. Its just their fun i guess.
Dont think theres much you can do to stop her. Mine digs on my lap, in his tray, on the sofa.. all over really.

She seems to have stopped. I'm building their new cage this coming weekend, I think they're both bored and want more space...Right now I let them out in a run all day and night (permanently attached to the cage), but now, every time I walk by them, they run up to the side, and stand on their hind legs against the bars. They need more room, I just feel bad they've got to wait until the weekend!!!!!!

Will go to B&Q for supplies hopefully one of these evenings. Anyone know what time they close?!

she probably smelt the boys and wants babies, is she neutered and how long has she been neutered for, i mean spay!

No, she's not speyed yet, still a bit young. Spoke to the vet at work today and he's willing to do her now (about 4 months-ish) so I think I'll be taking them in soon.

She's always dug a bit, but it's increased, so I do believe you're right, Eve, she might be getting more hormonal...

Out those ovaries come!!!!

She's always dug a bit, but it's increased, so I do believe you're right, Eve, she might be getting more hormonal...

pickles has been spayed & still needs a shot of HRT :roll:

Does usualy dig when there broody, in the wild its the does that dig all the tunnels, it will wear of when u cet her done . val

Just playfulness - Ollie does it alot! especially when I'm watching TV and ignoring her, she jumps up on me and does it on my stomach!

As for sleeping... ermm... pass?!

Back