• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No humping when bonding??

Amelia

Alpha Buck
Well Daisy Boo is here :) :)

Let her meet Gandalf earlier and was hoping as they both seemed so placid that they would bond straight away... wishful thinking me thinks :lol: :lol:

Think poor old Gandalf is starting to think what's wrong with him :shock: as every bunny he's met doesn't want to be friends with him :(

There's no humping going on whatsoever between him and Daisy Boo... she just goes for him and he runs anyway :? Is this normal to have no humping involved??

When Mr B (accidently :) ) met Gandalf the other day the same happened. Mr B just chased him and Gandalf ran away :(

So far Cosmos has chased Violet up and down and only when she is cornered does he try and hump her - this is rare though as she is very good at getting away!

If Daisy gets him into the corner she might give it a go so to speak! :lol:

Believe me that is preferable to fighting!!

Caz

Caz said:
If Daisy gets him into the corner she might give it a go so to speak! :lol:

Believe me that is preferable to fighting!!

Caz

Well when she chases him her teeth are knashing :shock: surprised poor old Gandalf has any fur left between Daisy Boo and Mr Bump, it's a good job Gandalf is moulting anyway!!

I really don't like the whole bonding experience as can be quite upsetting to watch.. wish there was a bunny bonding camp that you could send buns to :lol: :lol:

How far are you from Bobtails? They do a bonding service if you need it.

If it possible to keep them next to each other with just mesh/cage between so they can get used to each other without the chasing?

Tam

Thanks Tam :) .

Umm, think Bobtails is about 1 hour or so away.. will keep it in mind, but see how I go first.. after all is only the first day and know these things can take their time :) think I get more stressed and upset than the buns :lol:

We've got Daisy Boo in the kitchen at the mo (as we want her to ourselves for a bit before she gets all loved up with Gandalf and ignores us :lol: )

Once she's settled in, will try your suggestion and section off part of Gandalf's shed for her so she can used to him.

I think I was just v lucky with Bump and Tigs that they bonded almost straightaway.

It may just be because Daisy Boo doesn't have good vision and has never been with rabbits before they she is on the defensive :?

Amelia said:
Umm, think Bobtails is about 1 hour or so away..

Thats not too bad, apparently a car ride puts them in the mood for bonding, though I can't say I've tried it myself :D Good to have a back up plan.

Yep, your right bondings can take time so there is no rush. Just being able to smell her on your clothes etc. will get him used to the idea there is another bun around and vis versa. She might feel better when she has had time to settle a bit too.

Tam

Heard the one about the car ride before.. am just going to give her time to settle in properly and give me time for lots of cuddles :) :)

Blueberry and Brian didn't, haven't done any humping.
Blueberry just chased Brian, exactly how you explained it! I was assured this was good progress!
Just have to give them time and space.

beck said:
Blueberry and Brian didn't, haven't done any humping.
Blueberry just chased Brian, exactly how you explained it! I was assured this was good progress!
Just have to give them time and space.

Thanks Beck :)

Dont worry amelia just keep putting them together for short meetings and keep them in sight of each other so they can be sure they are in the same warren..together...like tribal..ish.
I resorted to the car rides and they worked. But give them a week next to each other with regular meetings.

Back