• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VERY, VERY URGENT - BROMSGROVE - 4 DOES

I rec'd a 'phone call from a lady in Bromsgrove who has 4 doe rabbits (6 months old) living in an outside run with her chickens. These bunnies were the result of her grandchildren seeing what happens when you put 2 bunnies of the opposite sex together.
The crux of the problem is that she is going on holiday for a month on Sat 29 Jan. If she has not found someone to take them in by then she will release them into the wild. She has tried several rescues Worc/Rugby/Malvern/Walsall to no avail. Can anyone help please - even if it is to foster them for a month until they can be taken into a rescue?
One is white, one white with Californian markings, two grey.
Presumably they are not vaccinated but the owners will transport the bunnies within a reasonable distance. Owners are Jean and Peter White (01527) 575793.
As I said if someone can only help with short term fostering a friend of mine in Warwick can take them into her rescue in about a months time.

Alice

Hello Alice

I can ask whether there would be room at the Mayhew Rescue for them, but that is London - can you confirm whether or not that would be far too far??

Alice I do not understand this, as the lady phoned me at GA and I offered to take them in for a month, as long as she made a donation to the Rabbit Sanctuary.. as the lady is not one of my Clients and we do not know her personally, I was concerned the rabbits could be left here permanently....so we have to cover ourselves, as I already have 32 rabbits here depending upon me for their care.
we have given them an option, she said she would get back to me, perhaps the suggestion of making a donation put her off...?? :roll:
I offered to go over to Bromsgrove to collect the rabbits.
We have the space, but if we make it too easy for people then they will think it okay to book a holiday without making provision for their pets first :roll:
To say I am concerned about the rabbits welfare is an understatement :?

MightyMax, thank you for your offer but I expect they will consider London too far. If I can amalgamate Adele's offer of fostering for a month with Jane's Rabbits in Warwick's offer of taking them on for re homing in a month that should provide a solution!

Adele, I spoke to Mr White this am - he may not be aware of your kind offer. If it is okay with you I shall speak to them again and provide them with the option of your fostering for a month until Jane can take them on. We may have to sort out transport to Jane's in Warwick but at least in the imminent future they will be safe with you. Jane has offers of homes for several of her bunnies but she needs to arrange neutering. after care and then the rehoming itself first before she has room for these 4. Leave it with me, I am out this afternoon but will contact you by 'phone this evening. Thanks for coming back and offering your help Alice

yes that is fine Alice, I look forward to speaking to you later :wink:
We can get the bunnies over to the Rescue after a Month, that is not a problem.
Best wishes Adele

Hiya Adele - I thought this sounded familiar as it was the one we were talking about yesterday when I was busy munching your chocky bickies.

Just give me a yell if you need me to collect these as I'm only up the road and could bring them straight over.

You know where I am if you need me gal :wink:

bunnytales said:
Hiya Adele - I thought this sounded familiar as it was the one we were talking about yesterday when I was busy munching your chocky bickies.

Thats right Lany, as I spoke to Mrs. White on Saturday morning and she said she would phone me back that evening.

Just give me a yell if you need me to collect these as I'm only up the road and could bring them straight over.:

Thanks so much Lany, you are a rabbit Angel :D

I have room to take all of them if they want to contact me.
I'm in Rugby Warwickshire but I will ask for a donation per rabbit if they come to me.
I'm afraid that at the end of the day it is their responsibility to sort this out as by the look of things there are people willing to help them.

That is great news Tracy, perhaps we can help collect the bunnies and get them across to you :D I am speaking to Mrs. White tomorrow, If she does in fact phone?? We shall see..I will let you know what happens, thank you so much for your offer of help too Tracy :D

Adele/Tracy

Just give me a yell if I can help with transport to get these to you - although it did sound as though the Folks with the bunnies were happy to transport if they could find somewhere for them.

Fingers Crossed for these bunsters.

Have spoken to Mrs White....if you are able to take rabbits Tracy could you please work out about transportation with Lany, as there is a two tier hutch available too. Then phone MRS WHITE to make arramgements directly with her, the rabbits need to be collected urgently, and long before Saturday..HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've spoken to her they are coming here aslong as someone can transport them.
Could do with Lany's number can you pm it to me please.

Thanks

rngpwelfare said:
I've spoken to her they are coming here aslong as someone can transport them.
Could do with Lany's number can you pm it to me please.

Thanks

That means you'll end up with 2 buns instead of 4 with Lany trasporting them :wink: :lol: :lol:

Hiya All

Have spoken to the lady in Bromsgrove and I'll be collecting the Bunnies on Wednesday sometime - so I'll then speak with Tracy re getting them to Rugby - probably be Saturday I think.

I'll PM Tracy with my mobile number for contact.

Might have to collect the two tier hutch separately but I'll assess what condition its in etc when I pick the bunnies up.

I'll keep you posted maties.

Girls, what can I say! Obviously I was awake this am at 5 and it was not necessary! thank you so much and at least Jane and I know these bunnies are safe. Regret to say I now have 70+ I am worrying about, I have asked Tamsin and Adele if I can submit a special note. So here we go again! Wish I was at least a computer wizz kid so thank you folks for letting us use your web site. ALICE

Back