• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good golly Miss Molly

luvabun

Warren Veteran
Since getting Molly and realising that she wasn't going to get on with Totti and Brody, I've always covered up their hutch when she's hopping around and vice versa. Decided to leave them uncovered today...mmmm... Molly has teeth!!! There was a lot of teeth baring and sratching at the bars between all 3 of them. So a question for you guys with multiple rabbits -will this die down in time or are they unlikely to becme buddies? p.s. I don't intent to bond them, just want them to accept each other

Mine used to do that, tends to die down in time but the bun in the hutch always seems to go bit mad whatever and then settles down. When I first got my foster bun, Princess, my little bun, Amy, must of gone to see her and she got her nose bitten by Princess! So beware - £40 vets bill just cos Amy was trying to be friendly! I now keep the shed door shut when Amy is hopping round the garden to avoid any clashes as Princess is very territorial.

I'd see how it goes, as they get more used to eachother they will prob settle - just watch out for noses and teeth through bars! :lol:

Nicola

Mr Bump still enjoys plucking out Gandalf's fur when Gandalf's back is turned (Gandalf doesn't notice as he is moulting :lol: )

Think they should hopefully calm down after a while :)

Ouch, don't want more Vets bills than is necessary.. perhaps I'd better revert back to keeping the hutches covered. Best of it was, after Molly's evil, snarling scratching spell, she sat on my knee like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth :?

luvabun said:
Best of it was, after Molly's evil, snarling scratching spell, she sat on my knee like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth :?

Bless her :lol: what makes me laugh with mine is the way they all stick (or try to at least) their tails up in the air when they're trying to be intimidating to each other :lol:

Amelia said:
Bless her :lol: what makes me laugh with mine is the way they all stick (or try to at least) their tails up in the air when they're trying to be intimidating to each other :lol:

I hand't thought about that before but it is comical now you mention it. Bless 'em all :p

Some bonded pairs react like this its usualy the doe that resents another rabbit coming near and sometimes will tell her mate off for looking lol. val

Ooooh the girls are most definatley the worst :D little tinkers so they are! My lot still have a go with each other through their cages. Lets see Jessica must be approaching 4 years and Sophie 3, they have always known each other and they are the worst, Jessica often comes out and goes straight to Sophies bed and off they go digging at each other through the wires. Chloe joins in to if anyone goes too near and poor ol Boo he gets it just fro lifting his head at the wrong time :lol: Poor Sooty has paid the price for being freindly too often so he has been moved from the bunny room into my bedroom and is now much happier. Last year he suffered the most injuries. He had one of his nails pulled out, well best I can figure thats what happened. He also had his lip bitten quite badly and his nose too. No idea who did the damage. Sophie has also suffered for being so aggressive, she lost the fight once or twice and has had her nose bitten and its now deformed. Cause's her no problem just cosmetically it doesn't look good. So to be honest Im not sure if they ever get used to it and give it a rest. Judging by the injuries that can be inflicted perhaps it's best to keep them covered just to be safe.

Angela

Ouch Angela, that sounds horrendous. I did not mean to let Molly out as its wet but she eluded me and went straight upto the other 2's cage. Totti straightaway was really aggressive with Brody, chasing , snapping and mounting her... and this is after they were so snuggly last night. Grr. So definitely back to covering the hutch and making sure there's no escapes till covered..... my nerves won't stand it

Back