• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

chinning...

luvabun

Warren Veteran
Molly was chinning every twig, branch or whatever was in reach on her hop round the garden which up till now has been Totti and Brodys' territory. I guessed she was probably marking it but how does that work, do they have scent glands under their chins?

I think they do but am not really sure!

I just wanted to add that today I have been watching Zeus chinning the bars of Violet and Cosmos' run then hop off, then Cosmos comes up and from the inside of the run chins the same place then hops off then Zeus comes back smells it and chins it then they both stood there chinning it from either side!

Think they are fighting a losing battle with each other ;) typical stubborn men neither will reliquish that particular patch to the other - reminds me of those neighbour boundary disputes you are always reading about in the paper :roll: :lol: !!

Caz

yes as far as i know they have a scent gland there and that how they mark there territory. i think mine are so confused with ll the different rabbits smells they have given up, but there is 10 of them kymber being a new arrival today.

Yup mines a chinner too! When we were at my parents last week he was chinning everything and everyone in sight. They have scent glands under there so it smells like them.

Aww Jill, I have always thought chinning was such a nice way of saying 'I WOZ ERE' :D when ever I have taken my moms dog for a walk, I feel as though I know every single wall and lamp post in my area :roll: as dowgies version of saying 'I waz ere' is to wee up them :roll: :lol: :lol:

I definately prefer the bunnies way :wink: :D

LurcherGirl said:
chinning was such a nice way of saying 'I WOZ ERE'

or they are saying "MINE, MINE and that's MINE too...!" :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I thought only men did that one :lol: :lol:

whats mine is mine and whats yours belongs to both of us :lol: :lol:

I like the joke version of the language of rabbits website that says it is actually a bunny's way of saying grace and it means "one day I will eat/chew on you and you and you and you..!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caz

Caz said:
I like the joke version of the language of rabbits website that says it is actually a bunny's way of saying grace and it means "one day I will eat/chew on you and you and you and you..!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caz
1.gif

I knew my buns were well brought up
1.gif

I like the joke version of the language of rabbits website that says it is actually a bunny's way of saying grace and it means "one day I will eat/chew on you and you and you and you..!"

lol!! :lol:

The Fonz is a chinner, too! Everything her chin could possibly ever reach (she's only 'ikkle!) now has her scent plastered all over it!! :D

Back