• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

transporting

carina

Young Bun
Firstly id like to say hi. For christmas my boyfriend bought me a very beautiful 7week old english lop. Her name is Amber and I want to give her the best care that i could possibly give her and make sure that she is happy and lives a happy life.
My boyfriend goes to universty in hertfordshire and i usually visit him. I don't want to leave the Rabbit at home for over a day because 1) id miss her and 2) she wouldn't be getting the care that she needs. I have bought a fairly big carrier that would allow her plenty of space and isnt to heavy. Would it be safe and would it be fair on the rabbit to transport the rabbit on a regular basis bearing in mind i have to get 3trains the journey is roughly 2hours and i have to get across london on the tube. Id like to know your opinions or should i just stick to seeing my boyfriend less?

Difficult - an English lop is going to be a big bunny to carry across London in a carrier - also, I think it would depend alot on the bunny's personality as to whether the journey would really stress it out or not.
Is there anyone you could ask to keep on eye on Amber while you are away or get the boyfriend to travel to see you instead.

The trains coming in to london do get busy, it might stress her out, They do get quite big as well and might be to heavy to carry around all the time try taking her out for walks in the carrier first and see how she does ,

If not is there any body that can look after her when your away?

HI CARINA

DO YOU DRIVE? HOW LONG DO YOU GO AND SEE YOU B/FRIEND FOR?

I LIVE IN HAINAULT ESSEX ABOUT 5 MINS AWAY FROM THE OVERHEAD INTO LIVERPOOL ST, OR 5 MINIUTES AWAY FROM THE UNDERGROUND AND COULD BUNNYSIT IF YOU COULD STOP OF AT ANYONE OF THOSE STATIONS ON ROUTE TO LONDON? HOW DO YOU GET INTO LONDON?

P.S IS THE BUNNY VACINATED

PM ME IF I CAN HELP

THANKS EVE XX

Back