• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

kymber is a chewer, ideas to stop him please!!!

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
hi aparatently maaike has warned be that kymber is a chewer, into wires and furinture and skirting, now i am not worried about the skirting as he will probably do me a favor and get the o/h to redecorate, but how can i discourage this behavior other than a chewing block that doesnt seem to cut it with him?

any ideas thanks eve x

Hi, I have that problem with one of mine. Dougal chews everything! This is slowly turning into biting, mainly me! :lol:

I have tried so hard to get him to stop, picking him up for a cuddle, having a word with him, giving him his toys (he tosses them away), I've given up! My house is rented, so I'm careful where he plays, he likes sitting on the sofa, you can imagine what state thats in!

He is the devil rabbit :twisted: :lol: :lol:

He'll lick my boyfrind for hours on his arm, and then he'll come over to me and just bite me for no reason, its getting quite upseting now, I don't think he likes me! He always gets forgiven though, because after all that he curls up in a litte ball and fall asleep next to me, he looks so cute!

Ted is sweet though, he's so well behaved!

I would like to know others opinions on stopping chewing too!

Thanks, Love Anna, Ted and Dougal xxx

One of mine is a chewer, so my advice is all from long term experience of desperately trying to protect rented flats! :shock: I've recently moved and we hardly have any problems here, I think its cos I prepared the lounge well before the buns moved in. Anyhow, try the following:

wires - hose pipe is fab, split it down its length, put the wire in and tape it up, or take the plug off, feed the wire through and rewire the plug.

carpet corners - I found that he only really chews the carpet in the corners so I got some clear perspex and put it flat on the carpet in the corners with something on it to keep it there - bunny bed, coffee table, etc etc

dark corners - block them all off, don't let your bunny go places like behind the sofa or in small gaps between say a book case and the wall - it'll be the end of the carpet/skirtingboard/wall!

fluffy cushions - this sounds odd but I've blocked places up with fluffy cushions cos he tends to sit and lick the cushions rather than chewing them or moving them.

yellow pages - there was one bit of carpet that Charlie bun kept chewing and he just wouldn't stop, so I ended up putting a yellow pages on it, he started shredding that instead, Ok so its a bit of a mess factory but at least the carpet remained intact.

I've also used that stuff you buy to spray on animals to stop them licking wounds - I covered the skirting boards in it, it worked (for a while at least), could be worth trying on smaller things!

The best of luck! :)

:roll: :lol: I also use cushions to block off sofas etc :wink: I also use boxes and newspaper.

Try giving bun a taped up box with newspaper stuffed into it. With a bit of luck bun will rip into that and leave everything else alone :p :roll:

bronie

Woven baskets make good toys. If you get some untreated wicker, or buy from an online bunny shop so you know you're not getting anything dodgy. The woven bits are about the same thickness as cables, and they taste better. Plus you can fill them with hay, or stand them upside down for somewhere to perch upon. They make a real mess of them, but better to have some twigs on the floor than buy yet another new phone.

Back