• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding boys?

Hope someone else replies cos ive only known it once to last, i had two brothers that were late finding out they were male. they were both castratedas soon as they were ready and lived happy ever after. This is not a common story and i would never recament it but im sure there will be someone out there who will say different . val

It seems less likely to work than boy-girl but can. It all depends on the bunnies. Neutering is a must and if they weren't together before then leaving 6 weeks for the hormones to go is a good plan.

I'd start by putting them in run/cages next to each other and see how they react like that. It gives them time to get used to each other.

I bonded two unrelated adults with no problem: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/care/bondingdiary.asp but not everyone has the same luck.

Its much like bonding a boy-girl except two boys are more llikely to fight so you need to be prepared to split them up quickly. Have something handy to do that with just incase so you don't get hurt.

Tam

we bought my boys as a boy and a girl until we noticed to pink dangly things!

We picked them up and they were both nervous (in different boxes) when we got home we put them on the living room floor. They sat there looking at each other for a bit and went wizzing round the room! They have been happy ever since! They went through a bit of humping but no fighting. We got them neutered and they fought for a couple of days after but now they have calmed down and they are both very happy together - they are best pals and one can't be without the other!!

I've had loads of boy bondings - to be honest I find them much easier than a girl/boy bonding :? I have 2 sets of 3 boys at the moment and am hoping to bond Duke with one of the threesome :)

I did a boy to boy bonding without realising it. Daisy turned out to be a boy :oops: I would have been much more careful if I had noticed his dangly bits :roll: There have been no problems at all, even though my boy Thistle had previously attcked every other rabbit he came into contact with. :twisted: Daisy is now Blueberry and he was castrated today. I took Thistle to collect him from the vet and put them straight back together just to make sure they don't forget that they like eachother :wink: Blueberry was very pleased to see him.

I have also aquired a real Daisy (very tiddly little Nethie) that I would like to bond to them, but that will have to wait until Blueberry definitely can't be a Daddy. I hope this won't mess up the boys bond :?

Thanks for all your replies. It is good to hear that boys can work together. They will definately be unrelated, matured and both neutered. Maybe we will give it a try. Someone did tell me that often the boys settle down well I just wanted to see if anyone had experience.

Many thanks to you all once again. Fingers crossed!! :) :)

Back