• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tough decision i've made-Few French Lops & Belgian Hares

Bunnyboarding

Alpha Buck
Hi there,

We have just found out that our new rescue 'pup' (she's approx 4-5mths old!!) cannot be trusted around our pet rabbits (supervised or not):cry: & we can longer let our bunnies out for the exercise they need for fear of them being hurt, even in a run. :cry:

For this reason we have decided to try to find caring pet homes for the majority of the small amount of bunnies we have here (that we would otherwise have kept)

We do have four guinea-pigs who we are able to hang on to, but as the space limit allows us enough to just house them in the shed. As the guineas are small, it is certainly not so much of problem for us to keep them anyway.

However, we feel it is unfair to keep the bunnies (who came out in rotation & all of whom are of fair size) to not have the freedom they deserve anymore.

Its been a case of weighing up the odds & our dog (as lovely as she is otherwise) probably needs us more right now having already had 3 'homes' before the age of 12 weeks. :( :shock: I would say it was a 'clash' really & its not going to get better if that's what has happened at this early age in her life.

The bunnies are ex-exhibition as i used to show them but gave up this side of things around a year ago. These days they are just our well-kept pets (which they always were if you know what i mean :D )

There are the following available;

1)Bonded pair of French Lops

comprises;
Blue French Lop buck'Zeus'(neutered) Born '02 He has a tattoed number on his ear as he was originally bred in Holland - he is a HUGE & docile rabbit)

Isabella French Lop doe 'Cobweb'(unneutered) Born '03
A lovely girl too..

2) A single Blue French Lop doe 'Lou-Lou Blue' (unneutered)Born '02
Sometimes needs general observation to rear end as tends to get a tiny bit messy around bum, but only 'cos she is so big & lazy! (weighs around 16lbs)

She is used to company as she has lived with her neutered father up until now, but he died of old age.

3)A single 3yr old Belgian Hare buck (unneutered)'Rusty'

4)A single 3yr old Belgian Hare doe (unneutered)'Roxy'

The latter two are also both lovely rabbits - the female can be territorial as she is unneutered, but she's generally OK. These two have a mesh divider so that they can see each other & have company in that respect, but any of the singles above could benefit from being neutered to live together.

All otherwise happy & healthy. Would make wonderful pets to somebody interested in these types.

I wish to say that these rabbits will remain here in their own large & secure rabbit hutches (the hutches are fox-proofed anyway & have bolts fitted which they had from the minute they were built) . I am happy to wait for the right homes & would prefer to rehome them straight from here, which is an already-familiar environment for them. :wink:

Please PM or email for more information.

We are based in Hillingdon, Greater London, (10 mins from Heathrow). Prospective owners to view & collect from here please.

Thanks

PS. We gave up boarding bunnies around 8 months ago for other reasons so no other bunnies on the premises despite what my unchanged username suggests!! :wink:

Adele may be interested in one of the Belgiums, she asked me to keep an eye out for one.

Tam

Hi Tamsin,

I contacted Adele a short while ago for my Hares but she was unable to take any. She mentioned summer but i don't think i will have any by then.

thanks anyway :D

hi there

I could take the bonded pair of french lops and possibly with a slight bit of arm twisting the 2 belgium hares. :D
kelly

kelly said:
hi there

I could take the bonded pair of french lops and possibly with a slight bit of arm twisting the 2 belgium hares. :D
kelly

where are you in Bedfordshire? I'm in Bagshot, Surrey but work at Heathrow. Am travelling upto Manchester on Sat Jan 29th so could possibly help with bunny run?

Tamsin said:
Adele may be interested in one of the Belgiums, she asked me to keep an eye out for one.
Tam

Awwwwwwwww Adeleee - Me fetch, Me fetch :lol: :lol: - I promise not to rabbit nap - honest :lol: :lol:

Hi Luvabun

I am just off junction 10 on the A1. I am fairly near to the boarder of Hertfordshire.

Thank you

Kelly

Aww, thanks guys...I'm feeling like a wicked bunny owner & it took a lot of courage to get myself to post this today :(

Have PM'd you Kelly. :)

bunnytales said:
Tamsin said:
Tam

Awwwwwwwww Adeleee - Me fetch, Me fetch :lol: :lol: - I promise not to rabbit nap - honest :lol: :lol:

Now Lany why don't I believe you :lol: :wink:

I can accommodate a Belgium Hare Doe, it has always been a dream of mine to care for one :D
Please PM if I can help.

Sorry to hear that bunnyboarding :?
I know somebody may have to make a very quick decsion for me to help here, but I am going up that way on Saturday to collect the Black Rex that cheryl has helped to rehome via a friend.
So if anybody needs a bunny taxi from heathrow area to east sussex area, let me know :D

MandyM said:
bunnytales said:
Tamsin said:
Tam

Now Lany why don't I believe you :lol: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Awwwwwww Mand! - you know me tooooo well Gal :wink:

I hope you find homes for them all i'm sure you will on here, I dont think i will allowed any more buns :(

by the way you not a wicked bunny owner i'm sure your buns will agree with me

Hi all :wave:

Sorry i've not posted to update you all sooner, as was waiting on some original replies to confirm that the rabbit were definately taken.

It now looks like they are all spoken for, so i wish to thank you all for your interest & support. :thumb:

Finding good homes for them are more important than anything & this is the reason why i chose this forum over others for what was quite a tough decision.

Although i am parting with them its not because they haven't been loved & admired. :(

I promise to keep you all updated as to whether they all reached their new homes alright. :)

Thanks!

PS Being 'rabbit-less' won't stop me posting advice etc on here either as this is what i enjoy & i have learnt so much from my own experience with rabbits!! :wink:

Back