• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Devastated...Kymber and Harry...

Hey everyone,

As most of you know I took Kymber and Harry on this weekend as my new boy bunnies.

The background on where I live is that I live in a small bedsit. That is, a room and a kitchen. The landlady agreed to let me have the two girls as I'm a nurse and she trusted me. It wasn't to get out to the other tenants.

Harry's been making a tremendous noise as he's been stamping at the girls, and hopping around (he's a big bunny) and trying to rip up the cardboard underneath his pen. While this annoyed me at night, I didn't think much of it. Turns out the girl who lives below me heard it all, too, and called the landlady. Instead of going to me, she went to her...

I didn't tell the landlady about Harry and Kymber, and she "popped round" this morning before I was going to go to work, to have a word with me. She saw the boys.

This is not what we agreed, etc. I didn't think she'd have a problem with it, but I guess I can understand as it's bothering the other tenants. I agreed that Harry needs to go...she was alright about Kymber as he's not been making much noise...

However...Kymber's devastatingly unhappy. He's a housebunny, used to running around with his mom, and being an only bunny. He's scared stiff of the other buns and sits huddled up in a ball all day. He's gone off his food, the only thing I can entice him to eat it veggies, and he eats a bit of hay. He's hardly drinking.

He's showing all signs of a stressed bunny that's getting worse. So I want to do what's best for him, and give him a home where he'll be the only bunny again with a mommy who can spend all her time on him. Or a daddy, of course.

Can anyone help? The girls are thankfully allowed to stay, but my two beautiful boys need to go. I'm so crushed. I've been sitting here, crying. Called in sick to work...

Please help me make my boys happy...

Awwwww no Maaike, what a shame but you are doing the right thing. I can't help as 1- Im too far away and 2- I have too many bunnies as it is :lol: Good luck in finding a home for them. Hugs to you and the bunnies!

Angela

Where the bunnies from a rescue?
i feel for you,but i feel sorry for the bunnies,maybe you should of asked your landlady before taking the bunnies on.

It was an understanding I thought we had, and I never thought the person downstairs would be able to hear Harry! I really don't see how she can hear them as I can't hear them when I'm downstairs, in the bathroom, etc.

I might be able to talk her round into letting me keep Harry (will just need to fix things sothat he's quiet). But I'm so desperately worried about Kymber that I really want him to find somewhere where he'll be happy. I'm afriad of the consequences to his health if he stays here much longer...

You need to contact Annie before you consider rehoming Harry as she may well want to take him back to rehome herself.

Anytime you have animals in rented accomodation you need to have the agreement in writing otherwise the landlord/lady can turn around anytime and say get them out.

Rabbits do stamp and can make alot of noise, I've heard of several cases of the council being contacted over bunnies stamping.

Animals need time to settle into a new envirnoment. Don't rush him or introductions with other bunnies. To many changes at once will stress a bunny.

Tam

I feel so stupid for letting this all happen.

I was so overjoyed to find these two while I was away over Christmas that I just left the landlady for when I got back. Then my exam, and going into practice just turned everything into a whirlwind and I just got swept away.

I feel so bl**dy stupid.

Beautiful Harry's flopped over alseep, not a care in the world. He stamps maybe twice a day, when I work on bonding them, not all the time. But, like I put in my "yay yay yay" post, the person who complained has been a thorn in my landlady's side, and Harry can stay.

Annie's the world's greatest person...I think she deserves a huge mention...

HI

Hope you find a solution for your bunnies you need to re home if you get really stuck i could take them in temporary until more suitable homes are found

If i can help please pm me

Rayna

Back