• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Um...when will he stop?

Hey guys,

As you know I'm busy bonding Harry with the two girls...

I just had them together for another session...when on earth will Harry stop humping the girls?!?!!?! He is neutered, so that's not what I'm worried about, but it's making them seem unhappy. Someone produced SOMETHING, as in wee, but because I had them on a dark carpet I couldn't quite tell who and what. Was it wee? Was someone spraying? It didn't smell, soooo...does it mean they're terrified of him? There's no vocalisation, and although there's tufts of fur flying around, I don't think there's any biting...

Advice? I'm a worried mom!

humping can also be a dominance thing. shadow humps lilac as soon as i let them out she pulls lilacs fur out as shes doing it.

Yea, I know, but I thought eventually the hierachy would be established and the big bloke would get off the tiny girls?! Hehehehehehehe...he's so massive next to them!

Its all the practice is getting with the pillow :wink: :lol: he is obviously learning the tricks of the trade :wink:

Maaike, I am no expert, but your doing fine, it is still early days and I am sure the humping will calm down from what I have read of others experience of bonding :D

Have a drink of your favourite tipple to calm the nerves :wink: I think Luvabun Jill kept a good supply of booze in while trying to bond Totti and Brody :wink: but her she is with some loved up buns :D

Keep up the good work :)

Hahahahahaha, I might just do that...;)

I'm just worried about them all...too much love to give...;)

Paranoid, me! I think it might be because of the injuries I've seen on some animals coming into practice, caused by other pets in the household... :shock:

Well ive had lilac and shadow since the 25th of nov,they have been together longer than that and shadow still humps her

Denny said:
Have a drink of your favourite tipple to calm the nerves :wink: I think Luvabun Jill kept a good supply of booze in while trying to bond Totti and Brody :wink: but her she is with some loved up buns :D

Keep up the good work :)
Yep, sure did... and the results were SO worth it. They do still hump but this is usually when I give them a carrot slim treat, nothing sinister. During the bonding it was Totti doing the humping but now its both of them but I'm OK with it as its very half-hearted. Good luck!!!

If it's only been from Saturday Maaike, I wouldn't worry too much yet :wink: - Robbie pestered Molly for the first week of bonding - constantly trying to hump the poor girl :?

Harry's probably all out of sorts at the moment as well - lovely new home, lovely new mum, and two booooootiful ladies to win over :?

What do the girlies do when he is trying to hump them - do they run away. Molly always ran away, so I kind of reckoned Rob got a bit bored by it all. However, I wasn't too worried as she was running away more in a 'leave me be, I just want to be your friend' way rather than 'god, I am terrified'.

Try some distractions for them when they have a bonding session - toys and food are good diversions :wink:

Good plan, next time I think I'll throw some food in the mix. Might do that in a bit, actually!

They do run away, but seem more annoyed than terrified. There's not been any squeaks, so I think it's ok.

It's just quite intimidating so see a big white hairy blob (yes Harry, you're a blob!) on top of a teeny tiny little mini lop girl! hehehehehehehehehehe

I'll see what he does tonight...Kymber's out at the moment, so will need to let him finish geting tired...;)

Back