• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions please?

Hey everyone,

Well, I just rearranged everything sothat I can actually still live in my bedsit and the bunnies can, too. :D

I've given Kymber a new cage although I have kept the bottom bit of his old cage inside it.

I wanted to work on some more bonding tonight, but does everyone think this is wise? He's had quite an eventful day with moving cages, would this be pushing it?

Any opinions and advice greatly appreciated!!!

It all depends on the character of the bun. I would give him a week or so to let him settle otherwise you could end up with a stressed bun, GI stasis etc...............

Yea, I think I'll leave him. Harry was so settled yesterday that I gave him a go with the girls, but I guess I'll just have to introduce Kymber later. He's really not a happy bunny...I'm worried about him staying with me, I don't know if he'll ever get used to other buns around...

Maaike_Butter said:
Yea, I think I'll leave him. Harry was so settled yesterday that I gave him a go with the girls, but I guess I'll just have to introduce Kymber later. He's really not a happy bunny...I'm worried about him staying with me, I don't know if he'll ever get used to other buns around...

Hi Maaike

Please don't worry, I'm sure once Kymber has settled in he'll soon perk up.

I've had Gandalf now for a couple of months and it's only recently that he has really settled in. For the first few weeks I was really worried about him as he seemed to hate both me and my buns, but now he's like a completely different bunny. It just takes time and patience.

I know I shouldn't worry, I just want him to be happy! It breaks my heart that he's so skittish and unhappy.

Do you suggest I just leave him for a bit, then?

Yep, if his nervous best let him get used to one thing at a time. There are alot of new smells and noises he'll need to get used to. Spending sometime smelling/seeing the other buns without interacting can be a good first step in bonding anyway.

Ok, good, I'm glad I made the right decision. I think I did the right thing by letting him meet the girls individually this morning, and smell Harry, sothat he knows who's in here (and got his head washed by Xena!!!), but that's enough for now...

I'll keep everyone posted...my heart's breaking over him, but...*sigh*

Back