• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The bonding begins!

Well...

Harry was settling in so well last night and seemed really interested in the girls (and them in him!) that I gave them all a go together in the "bonding cage", with me cross legged to intervene. There was some scrapping, quite a lot of stamping on Harry's side, but things went ok. Xena and Harry got on ok, not too much fighting (although it's a dominance thing, each trying to mount the other). He terrorised Binky with his mounting attempts, though, and I had to seperate them.

This morning I cuddled Kymber on the bed a bit, as he's more used to running around the house, and is a little mad at me that I can't let him right now (too many cages, etc), then I put him in the "bonding cage" with Binky, which went ok, and then with Xena, which went wonderfully. Xena groomed his head, which he sat still for, but I don't think he really gets what's going on. He's never seen other bunnies, I think, and when she was done, he chased her around again. Typical man's way of (not) saying thank you!!!!!

They're all in their own cages now, and I'll probably give it another go later today...

Just thought I'd keep y'all posted!!!!

I'm sure they'll all be best of friends in the end, just keep at it. Roger use to make me laugh thumping away at Jessica then running away as soon as she looked at him. They love each other now :love:

Betty

To be honest, I am doubting my decision a tiny bit, but I think that's just insecurity...

I really hope this all works out and they'll all be happy...I don't know what I'll do if they don't. I haven't really got room for any of them to live on their own, so if they do decide they hate each other, I'd have to rehome them again, and that breaks my heart... :cry:

That sounds brilliant to me! Violet took one look at Zeus and Athena and a huge fight occurred - I got wounded trying to break it up! If there was just stamping, mounting and grooming :D you should have no problems!!

How do the two boys get on??

Caz

I havent attempted to bond all four of mine yet im waiting untill the warmer weather comes to bond them in the shed
yours sound hopefull,i never thought claude and miffy would get on they had some major fights!

I haven't tried the two boys together yet, as Harry's quite overbearing in his cute bunny way, and Kymber's so timid, I thought it might traumatise him for life!!!! :lol:

It's the next project, though, after I rebuild Kymber's cage to be bigger, and to allow me to get into my closet again! I had to move him yesterday as looking at the other buns just upset him too much!!!

Back