• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bright eyessssss lol

Mubby

Banned
isnt it lovely the way bunnies eyes show all rainbow sometimes in photos... :D ( or scarey depending how u look at it! :lol: )

brighteyes.jpg

does anyone know much about rabbits vision ? how good it is etc ?

I think rabbit’s vision is kind of grainy – so I’ve read anyway.

I have caught Tobz on camera with orange, red, pink and yellow eyes before (not all at once, lol), very unusual.

Betty said:
Nooo rabbits must have perfect vision, they eat carrots :lol:

Betty

:lol: :lol:

im still waiting to be a princess for eating all my cabbage as a child :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Very true but they see with their nose and ears...carrots or no carrots :)

"...your rabbit's view of you is likely to be "grainy," and he will recognize you by your shape and manner of movement rather than, say, the details of your face. If you enter the room carrying something large enough to alter your shape, your bunny most likely will not recognize you and will be afraid."

"Visual acuity is how well and at what distances objects can be focused upon and recognized. This is extremely difficult to determine in rabbits, but the consensus seems to be that the muscle (the ciliary body) which is used to focus the eye in rabbits is fairly weak, and thus their ability to focus on an object close up is poor, although their vision of distant objects is sharper. Rabbits' eyes are adapted to being able to see moderately well in half-light conditions rather than extremely well in either light or dark. This is because they are crepuscular, that is, preferring to be active at dawn and dusk, when natural light is dim. But unlike the eyes of other animals who can see in muted light but who also have enhanced night vision, rabbits' eyes have no tapetum, that is, the structure that acts to amplify light that has entered the eye. And so they cannot see well at night. In consequence of these factors, your rabbit's view of you is likely to be "grainy," and he will recognize you by your shape and manner of movement rather than, say, the details of your face. If you enter the room carrying something large enough to alter your shape, your bunny most likely will not recognize you and will be afraid."

http://www.wisconsinhrs.org/Articles/What Do Rabbits See.htm

Yeah its off a website but I kind of knew that anyway, from when I did a bit of studying on rabbits a few years ago. But as my grammar isn't great I just copied it from that site. As a young breeder a few years ago I felt I had to know more about rabbits. But I still feel I need to learn more....there is so much to learn.

Good camera you got there Nicola :D most animals and humans eyes turn out red on images but you have caught Mubby's excellently. He looks very angelic with those rainbow eyes :D

Back