• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mubby.. *Back to his old cheeky self today! :)*

Mubby

Banned
Mayb im just worrying over nothing ... :(

for the past few days Mubby aint been his old self...

not running about playing... usually in the morning I let him out of his " bed cage" and he runs about with me for half an hour while i get dresseds etc...then i put him in his play pen while im at work... but yesterday I picked him up he seeemed ok... I put him down and he just sat there half closed sleepy eyes... he didnt follow me .. or run about at all... and when i put him in his pen he usually dashes about playing...nope he sat in his litter tray and slept :(

when I let him out when I got home he basically slept all evening... a tiny little play... and although he did sprawl out in his usualy sleepy position... he was very huddled with his feet under him in a ball alot..

today he has just lay and slept too... mayb hes cold ? feeling a little under the weather ? he has sneezed 3 or 4 times in the past few days...

he has followed me a few times and played with his favorite "snakey" toy... but just not as much as usual...

I thought he was sad coz mark had gone , and he lost some attention... and with me back at work Mayb he is sulking to have to go back in his cage...

what should I do...my baby boy :cry: :cry: :cry:

You seem worried, and in that case, I'd say take him to the vet, just to check him over. You're his mommy and you know best! They're prey animals, so won't show if they're ill...

*hugs* to you and the Mubbiness

Poor Mubby :(

I agree with Maaike - you know him best, get him checked out if your worried.

im gonna go do some cleaning ...hopefully he will bounce along behind me as usual...

he likes helping :D

ill keep ya posted...thanks :D

He could be upset by a change in his routine. Chips has times when he just goes quiet, but there's never been anything physically wrong with him. He just seems to have periods where he needs to adjust to changes around him, like temperature, weather, or routine. He could just be quieting down a little as he 'matures', French lops being notoriously lazy.

As long as he's eating and pooing then it isn't too serious, but it's worth giving him the once over at home, ears, teeth and tummy, and popping him into the vets if he doesn't brighten up.

thanks bertie...

I just had a cuddle and turned him over and had a look at him...

just a bit scared to look at his teeth as he will prob bite me! :lol: :shock:

any tips ?

Id take him to the vets for a check up if I was you. This will take a big weight off your mind if there isn’t anything wrong, and will get sorted if there is anything wrong. I don't know how old Mubby is but is he vaccinated? Don't leave it as it "might" get worse. Rabbits to tend to change slightly as they mature, but then I am not a vet.

Hope he feels better soon.

He shouldn’t bite you, though it might be a two-man job (one of you to hold him and the other look at his teeth). I just look at Toby’s when his sleeping on his side lol. The vet can do a better job at checking though as he/she knows what they are looking for - sorry for the 2nd post. :)

Aye, you're only going to be able to do a cursory inspection. If he has burrs on his molars or anything, you aren't going to see it, but if it was anything really bad wrong with him then you'd expect him to be off his food. I just find that a poke to check their tummies are soft and their ears are clean helps put my mind at rest. The problem with bunnies is that they hide their illnesses, but they also have quiet days, and you have to somehow tell which is which. They're evil little sods really.

A quick poke about will show you if there's anything obviously wrong, and also annoy Mubby enough to wake him up and get him active again. It's the same Bertie Logic that says poke a sleeping bunny in the belly to make sure they're not dead.

haha Bertie great logic...

well i got him cradled in my arms and had a look at his front teeth... they look fine..lovely pearly whites! :D

the logic worked i woke him up and he pounced at me! :shock:
grumpy little sod!! :lol:

gonna take him for a play now..wake the lazy wee man up! :wink:

well hes followed me and is "helping" :roll: clean his room :D

glad to say the little pesk is making a mess in true Mubby style! :lol:

hopefully hes just being lazy Mub :wink:

Hi there,

He's not bloated is he?

It could be anything but bloat is a common French Lop ailment.

If you tap on his tummy & it makes a ripe watermelon sound, then take him straight to the vets.

well it is a pretty depressing day weather wise maybe he has SAD :lol: I am sure he wil be fine just for interests sake who is your vet nicola?I am going to Ardene house when i get my buns use them for the cats just now :D :shock: :shock:

Bunnyboarding said:
Hi there,

He's not bloated is he?

It could be anything but bloat is a common French Lop ailment.

If you tap on his tummy & it makes a ripe watermelon sound, then take him straight to the vets.

nope his tum feels normal Cheryl...

chubby and squidgey as ever! :lol:

lisa said:
well it is a pretty depressing day weather wise maybe he has SAD :lol: I am sure he wil be fine just for interests sake who is your vet nicola?I am going to Ardene house when i get my buns use them for the cats just now :D :shock: :shock:

Ardene @ Bon Accord St :D

Bunnyboarding said:
Hi there,

Whats a ripe watermelon sound :?: :?: :?: 'scuse me for being dumb :?

Back