• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Green bells

Denny

Mama Doe
I seem to have a problem with green bells Tamsin :roll:

How do they work :?: I seem to miss some posts because they are not high light green when I log on :? Thought that they were only green for topics you have'nt read, but I had'nt read most of todays and I did'nt have any green bells :cry: :cry: :cry: Miss lot of yesterdays too because they were not green :cry: :cry:

Oh the bells, the bells, where for art my green bells :?: :wink:

hummm, try logging out and clearing any cookies that are set then relogging in. Hopefully that will clear any thing confusing it.

Make sure the time in your profile is set right aswell.

It that doesn't work then I'll see if I can dig up anything in the manual.

There is also a link on the top right of the front page to view posts since your last visit which might help.

Has this always happened or just started?

Tam

Have had it a while :? asked Pam if she knew how the green bells worked but it got all confusing :lol: :lol:

Have just tried the links at the top right hand corner and they work :D very scarey :shock: but definately work :D

How do I clear me cookies :?: I need to refresh my brain on that one :roll:

Tools > Internet Options > Clear Cookies (middle, left of the popped up box) :)

Tam

I have this problem as well :?

On my work computer it is fine but at home I do not get the bells. I tend to go by dates and times of posts.

Hi Tamsin :)

Well I got my green bells back for a while :? but today :wink: I logged on, got green bells :D but the minute I replied to a topic, they all disappeared :shock: :cry: So I logged out and logged back in but still no green bells on any of the sections :( Not even on the front index page :shock:

When I was on on Friday and deleted the cookies it was fine, even when I had replied to a topic (green bell went off but came back on when someone had replied after me :D )

Today, logged in :) green bells :) still green even though I had read a few :) but then, like I said, replied to a topic and they all went :(

I have another query too :oops: :oops: sorry to be a pain in the back side but will pm you with this one :wink:

I have the same thing happen to me.
I cleared out my cookies this morning.. then forgot half the logins for various sites roflmao
But still green bells come and go
:?

Back