• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beatrix, Marley and then there was Bob UD read post on page 3 old thread

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
OK I know you're all going to shout at me I am prepared for it :| .

I know there is no such thing as rescuing a bun from a pet shop, but really if you had of seen him I am sure you would of done the same thing. I know buying them from pet shops encourages the homeless rabbit problem, but really they kind of gave him to me.

The Story.

I've been going in a pet shop to get my pet supplies and for the past two months they had one solitary rabbit on his own sitting in a little pen, he had food water and everything he wasn't being mistreated, but he was bored and lonely.

I asked the assistant about him, she said he had been there for so long that she couldn't remember who he came in with, she said he gets over looked because he is an horrible colour and he's ugly. She also said they did know what they were going to do with him because he was bad tempered and nasty and it put people off wanting him.

I asked if I could hold him and she got the poor little lad out and gave him to me, he nuzzled his head under my chin, so I had him (sorry couldn't help it), she let me have him for £10 "to get rid". When I took him to the check out the girl on the till said "you're not taking him he's evil, he keeps attaching the staff".

I brought him back to work shut my office door and let him out, he hopped round my feet all afternoon. I am now trying to decide what to do with him! Bonding with Bea and Marls didn't go very well (although it wasn't to bad either). So should I find him a new home, or should I find him a nice spayed girlfriend and keep him?

Look at him, he lovely, he doesn't look evil to me.

Pic011a.JPG

Last edited:
hi he is definately not ugly. Nobody would shout at you for buying him lets all work harder to ban petshops selling rabbits. I would have done the same thing probably. He isnt really evil then?

HIya Tree, congratulations upon your new rabbit, he looks adorable :D
I am sure no- one is going to shout at you, we are not here to judge your decisions :wink:
What is important is that we all work together to help welfare for rabbit, wherever they come from, pets shops, private sellers, garden centres or rescues...bunnies deserve the same respect and quality of life.
I too have saved (in quotes!!) rabbits from pet shops, and I know this is a contraversial topic, and I do think Pet shops should not sell bunnies........but, I understand why you felt compelled to help this rabbit, and rabbit politics aside, we are here to help if you need us Tree :D

He's gorgeous - and I can see why you fell for him. Why don't you get him neutered and try him with your current two, if that doesn't work then you still have the option of getting him his own partner and we could all have fun trying to encourage you to do so!!

He's not evil at all, he is just very confident for a baby bunny.

I rang the vets yesterday and ask if I could book him in for an emergency castration, they said leave him for another month, because he is only four months old and they need something to chop off first (makes sense really :roll: ).

I let him out in the living room and when Beatrix and Marly came in, that's when the trouble started. Marly went straight over to him and started sniffing him, then they started spinning round and round they look like one of those ying yang things, nose to bum, but spinning it seem like about 20 mph. Then Bea joined in and they were all spinning this went on for about 5 mins, he tried to mount bea (she's spayed), but she was having none of it, so he got Marly's head, held it down and had sex with his face. He then tried it with Bea, but no nonsense Bea was having none of it so he bit her bum. No fur was pulled out or blood, but I decided to calm the situation down and remove Bob from the floor. Marly and Bea went off upstairs once they got bored and Bob stayed on the sofa with me.

I got Bea's old cage out the garage and made it up for him on the kitchen floor, which is where he is at the minute. Bea and Marly have been shut in the kitchen too today, so they can all see each other, but not harm each other. When I left for work this morning Bea was more interested in breaking out of the kitchen, but Marly was sat in his litter tray looking at him and Bob was so excited he is running from one end of the cage to the other, like he can't believe he can see other bunnies.

Beatrix and Marly don't seem bothered by him at all, they weren't at all aggresive with him, but I think he was over excited.

That is certainly not a bad start. When you get an all out fight its time to be worried but even when that happens it can be overcome by carefully engineered meetings. Dont want to speak too soon but you never know they might all get on.

Tree wrote

Then Bea joined in and they were all spinning this went on for about 5 mins, he tried to mount bea (she's spayed), but she was having none of it, so he got Marly's head, held it down and had sex with his face. He then tried it with Bea, but no nonsense Bea was having none of it so he bit her bum

So sorry.....but I am in stitches at this!!! he sounds so full of fun
bigkisssmile.gif

No offence intended as I think everyone knows by now that I am INEXPERIENCED :lol: :lol:

Great bunn, great name!

Definately try with the bonding again, all is not lost! But it is a good excuse to get another bunn :D :D

he is an horrible colour and he's ugly.

Are we talking about the same bunny here?!!!!! He is absolutely gorgeous :love:

Glad you got him out of there -I dread to think what would've happened to him.

Don't rehome him!!!

There will be lots of help for you on this site and we all have our fingers crossed.

Well done for rescuing him, I don't know why people work in pet shops that (a) aren't experienced with the animals they are selling or (b) actually like animals!!

He is so CUTE by the way :D

Ugly :? - some people have no taste!!

He is gorgeous, and he looks a little bit cheeky, which I love in a bunny :wink:

Oh Dear look what I've found, ideal partner me thinks.

Maisie
Age: < 1Sex: Female (Neutered) Breed: medium lopLocation: West MidlandsBonded: No Vaccinated: NoDate Added: 07/01/2005Last Update: 07/01/2005Description: 7 months old, fawn in colour and very cute.
General health: excellent
Temperament: good all round
Type of home wanted: to be homed with a neutered male of approximately the same age and size as Maisie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more information contact:
Print Details
View all rabbits listed
Location Map RSPCA Walsall
PO BOX 3592, Walsall,
West Midlands
WS3 4XR

Tel: 01543 454571
Email: RSPCAWalsall@aol.com

Details: All animals at RSPCA Walsall are kept in private foster homes as we do not have an animal centre.

The bunny bonding was quite funny, had to split them up in case it did get nasty, I will try again tonight with them. I would like to keep him and bond him with friend and then bond the four if poss and have them all as house bunnies. I am worried if I bond three one might start getting left out, what do you think?

Oh, forgot to say, just booked Bob in for Mxy jab on Monday and they have said they will check out his under carriage and give me a date for his op.

Congrats on teh new arrival mum ! :D I have a Bob too and he is a little cheekster! I think it must be the name Bob that does it lol ! My little Dexter has ears like your Bob! Sooo cute :lol:

Anna x

Back