• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Darius - Missing

Oh that is so sad. Why would anyone do that. Then again there are a lot of turds in the world.

Oh this creams my corn! What a lowlife to do such a thing.

This was on a bumper sticker that went by me the other day. It applies.

"I saw that." ~Karma

Reading the comments on the media pages it is being alleged that this is yet another publicity stunt. Apparently Darius passed away a few years ago, according to some . Hope none of that is true.

So, having made enquiries amongst reliable sources in the know it seems the original Darius did pass away several years ago.

Whatever, if this Darius has been stolen then I hope he will not be harmed.

Certainly in some of the giant groups the owners are not well thought of, and if Darius was indeed still alive he would be at least 12 by now which would mean he would probably also hold the world record for longest lived conti giant too!! If there is a rabbit that has been stolen then I very much hope it is safe, but I'm afraid I take this with a pinch of salt, they are not the most scrupulous of people.

ETA apparently he was 5 in 2010 which would make him 16 now....

Last edited:
Certainly in some of the giant groups the owners are not well thought of, and if Darius was indeed still alive he would be at least 12 by now which would mean he would probably also hold the world record for longest lived conti giant too!! If there is a rabbit that has been stolen then I very much hope it is safe, but I'm afraid I take this with a pinch of salt, they are not the most scrupulous of people.

ETA apparently he was 5 in 2010 which would make him 16 now....

Yep, and a few hours after the News report appeared she posts an ad’ selling Babies for £250 a Rabbit :roll:

Having read her tweet about it - who on earth writes "A very sad day" for a rabbit that has given them so much? Surely "I am devastated and distraught" would be more like it?!

The more I am finding out about her the more I am :shock:

Did you hear about the simon rabbit death on airline few year ago?

I can't see how someone could of stolen him without being seen, seeing as they say he weighs 22.2kg 😱😳 and he would be almost 11/12 by now which be another record in itself for a giant breed

Did you hear about the simon rabbit death on airline few year ago?

I can't see how someone could of stolen him without being seen, seeing as they say he weighs 22.2kg ���� and he would be almost 11/12 by now which be another record in itself for a giant breed

Yes, poor Simon must have been terrified :cry:

When reading about a large cat I may have read Guiness stopped doing highest weight for animals.

That would be good, it's a ridiculous gauge - anyone can feed an animal up but it's not for the wellbeing of the animal!! Drives me mad on the giants groups where people just ask how heavy peoples rabbits are and they all compete to have the heaviest. 22.5kg is insane for a rabbit and in no way healthy.
Mind you, length isn't great either, when we collected Freja her breeders said the length probably isn't uncommon, but the reason no decent breeders challenged it was that they didn't want to inflict it on their rabbits - they stretch them out from front toe to back toe as far as you can to measure them, and they weren't willing to put a rabbit through that.
I just get annoyed cos all the photos of her with "Darius" she isn't even holding him properly or safely :-(

That would be good, it's a ridiculous gauge - anyone can feed an animal up but it's not for the wellbeing of the animal!! Drives me mad on the giants groups where people just ask how heavy peoples rabbits are and they all compete to have the heaviest. 22.5kg is insane for a rabbit and in no way healthy.
Mind you, length isn't great either, when we collected Freja her breeders said the length probably isn't uncommon, but the reason no decent breeders challenged it was that they didn't want to inflict it on their rabbits - they stretch them out from front toe to back toe as far as you can to measure them, and they weren't willing to put a rabbit through that.
I just get annoyed cos all the photos of her with "Darius" she isn't even holding him properly or safely :-(
Good point. I never thought people would essentially put their rabbit in a medieval torture position to get a length record. Perhaps it will be removed or be measured differently someday.

As for his age, some articles from 2010 state that he was 5 years then, which would make him 16 - which if it were true would be a literally unbelievable record, and you'd think she'd have got the Guinness people on that by now!!

As for his age, some articles from 2010 state that he was 5 years then, which would make him 16 - which if it were true would be a literally unbelievable record, and you'd think she'd have got the Guinness people on that by now!!

I think he was about 1 in 2010, but 11 is still very old for a Conti. She certainly has an ‘interesting ‘reputation in the Rabbit Breeding community :shock:

Back