• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh no! Cage emergency!

Hey everyone!

Slight emergency, does anyone know a solution for me?

Kymber and Harry are arriving on Saturday. Kymber's coming with his cage, but due to an email mess up I've only just been able to order the storage cubes, and I'm doubting their arrival on Saturday morning.

Does anyone know how I can make a cage/enclosure for Harry until the cubes arrive?!?

Heeeeelp!

Oh good!

Sadly I can't put him in his own room, as I only own this one bedsit room. The bathrooms are communal!!

But if it'll arrive within two days...:D

Lol, I guess the other residents would be a shock if the needed the loo in the night :lol:

Do you have a pet carrier? Although it wasn't ideal I shut Violet in the carrier overnight (let her run loose in the spare room during the day with just a litter tray) until I was able to put her cage together the next day.

It would probably only be alright for one or two nights maximum and they would have to be a small bunny!

Caz

Harry's too big for a carrier, really, plus I still only have the cardboard carriers I got my girls in when they were really tiny. The vet's down the road, so I haven't had the need for a new carrier yet.

Guess I just gotta hope it'll arrive on Saturday morning!

Have you asked your vet? Our vet has a couple of puppy crates they loan out, we've borrow one for the bunnies in the past.

Tam

I was just about to suggest a crate Tamsin! :) Or maybe Uni has one u could loan? Or local rescue centre?

If I think of anything else I'll post!

Nicola

Actually my local pet shop loans out cages/hutches - do you have one that might do that?

Caz

Oh, I'll ask around! Uni's too far away, as is work (I'm now in vet practice until June), coz I only drive my scooter, but I'll ask at the vet I go to with the girls, and pet shops!

Excellent idea!! Thanks everyone!

Whoa! It all arrived this morning, one day before I needed them! I'm highly impressed!

Thankfully setting it all up's been quite good to me, I've made a run for the girls attached to their cage, and I had it up within about 20 mins!

Got to build a cage for Harry for tomorrow, now!

Well, the girls now have a semi-permanent run (for until they all move into the new big cage together), and Harry's been built a cage!

So I'm all set and ready for tomorrow...I hope. ;)

Can I ask where you ordered the storage cubes from? I have 2 cages (pretty big) for my 2 but would like to make 1 big communal living area (I did ask about the bunny condos but nowhere seems to know where to get them in the uk).

Thanks
Keith.

slaterk said:
Can I ask where you ordered the storage cubes from? I have 2 cages (pretty big) for my 2 but would like to make 1 big communal living area (I did ask about the bunny condos but nowhere seems to know where to get them in the uk).

Thanks
Keith.

Hi Keith

The storage cubes are on e-bay, the seller is Jackslot, I am sure someone will find the link for you but if not I will have a look tomorrow :)

I think your bunny condos are probably to posh for the uk :lol: :lol: can you not buy one before you come to the uk and ship it over :?: I have to say, I was impressed with those condos :D

Denny said:
Hi Keith

The storage cubes are on e-bay, the seller is Jackslot, I am sure someone will find the link for you but if not I will have a look tomorrow :)

I think your bunny condos are probably to posh for the uk :lol: :lol: can you not buy one before you come to the uk and ship it over :?: I have to say, I was impressed with those condos :D

Unfortunately I am coming from Germany and not the US. I have never actually seen the condo's apart from on that site (it was a link from rabbit.org) and they do look soooo cool. Maybe I will ask them what the shipping cost is - with the pound being so strong against the dollar it may not work out 'too' expensive!!

Back