PDA

View Full Version : Oh no! Cage emergency!

Maaike_Butter
12-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Hey everyone!

Slight emergency, does anyone know a solution for me?

Kymber and Harry are arriving on Saturday. Kymber's coming with his cage, but due to an email mess up I've only just been able to order the storage cubes, and I'm doubting their arrival on Saturday morning.

Does anyone know how I can make a cage/enclosure for Harry until the cubes arrive?!?

Heeeeelp!

bluebunny
12-01-2005, 08:00 PM
my cubes only took two days to come,

Tamsin
12-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Bathrooms usually work well, just remember to the loo seat down :D

Tam

Mubby
12-01-2005, 08:04 PM
id say u have a good chance of the cubes arriving...mine came in 2 days too.. :wink:

Maaike_Butter
12-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Oh good!

Sadly I can't put him in his own room, as I only own this one bedsit room. The bathrooms are communal!!

But if it'll arrive within two days...:D

Tamsin
12-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Lol, I guess the other residents would be a shock if the needed the loo in the night :lol:

Caz
12-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Do you have a pet carrier? Although it wasn't ideal I shut Violet in the carrier overnight (let her run loose in the spare room during the day with just a litter tray) until I was able to put her cage together the next day.

It would probably only be alright for one or two nights maximum and they would have to be a small bunny!

Caz

Maaike_Butter
12-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Harry's too big for a carrier, really, plus I still only have the cardboard carriers I got my girls in when they were really tiny. The vet's down the road, so I haven't had the need for a new carrier yet.

Guess I just gotta hope it'll arrive on Saturday morning!

Tamsin
12-01-2005, 08:33 PM
Have you asked your vet? Our vet has a couple of puppy crates they loan out, we've borrow one for the bunnies in the past.

Tam

nicolar
12-01-2005, 08:41 PM
I was just about to suggest a crate Tamsin! :) Or maybe Uni has one u could loan? Or local rescue centre?

If I think of anything else I'll post!

Nicola

Caz
12-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Actually my local pet shop loans out cages/hutches - do you have one that might do that?

Caz

Maaike_Butter
12-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Oh, I'll ask around! Uni's too far away, as is work (I'm now in vet practice until June), coz I only drive my scooter, but I'll ask at the vet I go to with the girls, and pet shops!

Excellent idea!! Thanks everyone!

Maaike_Butter
14-01-2005, 07:43 PM
Whoa! It all arrived this morning, one day before I needed them! I'm highly impressed!

Thankfully setting it all up's been quite good to me, I've made a run for the girls attached to their cage, and I had it up within about 20 mins!

Got to build a cage for Harry for tomorrow, now!

nicolar
14-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Just in time!! Glad it came, u'll be busy :)

Maaike_Butter
14-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Well, the girls now have a semi-permanent run (for until they all move into the new big cage together), and Harry's been built a cage!

So I'm all set and ready for tomorrow...I hope. ;)

slaterk
14-01-2005, 11:22 PM
Can I ask where you ordered the storage cubes from? I have 2 cages (pretty big) for my 2 but would like to make 1 big communal living area (I did ask about the bunny condos but nowhere seems to know where to get them in the uk).

Thanks
Keith.

Denny
14-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Can I ask where you ordered the storage cubes from? I have 2 cages (pretty big) for my 2 but would like to make 1 big communal living area (I did ask about the bunny condos but nowhere seems to know where to get them in the uk).

Thanks
Keith.

Hi Keith

The storage cubes are on e-bay, the seller is Jackslot, I am sure someone will find the link for you but if not I will have a look tomorrow :)

I think your bunny condos are probably to posh for the uk :lol: :lol: can you not buy one before you come to the uk and ship it over :?: I have to say, I was impressed with those condos :D

Mubby
15-01-2005, 12:08 PM
phewwww glad the cubes arrived in time Maaike!! :D

Maaike_Butter
15-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Me too! Was envisioning one big disaster! I'm patiently sitting here waiting for Harry's arrival, in about 20 mins...wahoo!

slaterk
15-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Hi Keith

The storage cubes are on e-bay, the seller is Jackslot, I am sure someone will find the link for you but if not I will have a look tomorrow :)

I think your bunny condos are probably to posh for the uk :lol: :lol: can you not buy one before you come to the uk and ship it over :?: I have to say, I was impressed with those condos :D

Unfortunately I am coming from Germany and not the US. I have never actually seen the condo's apart from on that site (it was a link from rabbit.org) and they do look soooo cool. Maybe I will ask them what the shipping cost is - with the pound being so strong against the dollar it may not work out 'too' expensive!!

Maaike_Butter
15-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Harry's currently stretched out, snoozing in his new cage...awwwww...he's adorable!

Bertie
15-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Unfortunately I am coming from Germany and not the US. I have never actually seen the condo's apart from on that site (it was a link from rabbit.org) and they do look soooo cool. Maybe I will ask them what the shipping cost is - with the pound being so strong against the dollar it may not work out 'too' expensive!!

Remember, you might need to add on 22% to the total price if you get caught out by customs. That'll include VAT and import duty. You don't always get caught. It depends on weight, size, the courier, what's writtien on the package by the sender, who was working that day and much they like paperwork. Then the post office like to charge a percentage of total for sticking a card through your door telling you you have extra to pay. They're nice like that. Sometimes your stuff gets through without any extra to pay. Sometimes it doesn't. You can ask the sender to write something innocuous on the package, Andi thinks there's a lower rate on 'printed goods'. But it's best to budget for the extra in case you get caught. If the seller happened to declare the value of the contents were lower then you wouldn't be charged, but of course this is quite illegal and not something I would recommend. Ahem.

If the shipper uses FEDX or UPS then you pretty much have to accept that you WILL be paying tax. It's quite depressing, and I mention it just incase you aren't aware after living in Germany. :(