• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding three, how hard is it?

emilou

Warren Scout
Bonding three? What are the circumstances in which you can successfully bond three bunnies. Obviously all neutured but if you had 2 girls and a boy do the girls have to bond first? Are two boys and a girl better or three girls? Do they have to be young? or related?

There is a thread a bit further down on this: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2260&sid=84ca50e88159b917aeeb048d8e1f7bea

Within that thread is a link to my previous question which was also similar. In my case the answer was it didn't work but it seems to be Violet that was the problem as when Zeus and Athena saw Cosmos for the first time the reaction was completely different. They didn't try and attack each other through the bars of the run. I would definately try it just to find out!

Caz

I have a new bit to add into the mix on bonding...

I am sure some of you are familiar with my set up, 3 bonded (girls x2, boyx1 - neutered) and 1 on her own.

Would you..
a. get them all together
b. seperate into 2 pairs (have to be 2 girls and then boy/girl)
c. get a new boyf for Squishie

(Sorry for hyjacking the thread just intrigued by your thoughts)

Just read that thread u posted and it looks to depend upon the bunnies in question. A bonded pair and a new girl looks the most successful way. Wonderbun your three buns in the pic look fantastic. Do they ever leave one out? I dont know what you should do, it sounds complicated but would getting another bun be too expensive?

Thanks Emilou! They dont seem to leave each out, Thora the littest craves attention from the others like cleaning and stuff but they all huggle together and play together!

I wouldnt mind getting another bunn if thats the best and recommended way and if they o/h agrees :D Would definately have to be the last one then!!!!! :D :D

WonderBunn said:
I have a new bit to add into the mix on bonding...

I am sure some of you are familiar with my set up, 3 bonded (girls x2, boyx1 - neutered) and 1 on her own.

Would you..
a. get them all together
b. seperate into 2 pairs (have to be 2 girls and then boy/girl)
c. get a new boyf for Squishie

(Sorry for hyjacking the thread just intrigued by your thoughts)

If it was me I woud keep the grup of 3 together and get a new bun. With our lot the bucks tend to bond with 2 does more strongly than any of the other buns. Although there is some variability within this. Hwthorn bondsvery closely with one doe and Blackberry is very closely bonded to 3 or 4 does.

Back