• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

4 yr old Dwarf lop doe

onyx_stud

Young Bun
Sophie is 4 years old. She is a frosty point (white with brown/grey smudges on her nose, ears and flanks) dwarf lop doe.
She has been with me for about four weeks and is entire.
In her previous home Sophie was given free range of the back garden with her hutch mate, a neutered netherland dwarf. sadly he died a couple of months ago (a stomach blockage) leaving her alone.
Sophies owners did not want to get another bunny so asked me to try to rehome her either with a new hutch mate or in a home with other rabbits.
Sophie is in good health, but is unvaccinated.
She is very friendly and will come to the front of the hutch for fuss.
Sophie really needs a forever home, possibly with a neutered buck, but definetly in a home where there are other rabbits around her.

if you think you could offer this to her please pm or email me.
(pics soon)

Listen peeps... there's lots of life in the girl yet... she's a mere youngster in comparison with our 11 yr old Molly :wink:

Violet is four and it didn't stop me adopting her - maybe people who have adopted older buns should write a leaflet on the benefits of an older bun (usually v. easy to litter train, already have their personalities showing through, have gone through teenager stage, health problems have usually shown up and been dealt with etc etc) and how they aren't really any different to adopting a baby bun for the attachment they form to their "owner"! It could be handed out at rescues or put on RR to encourage people to think before passing a bun by just because they are a bit older after all if Molly has reached 11 and still looks so good and Toby is 13 :shock: ! Four is a mere stripling in the scheme of things!!

Caz

thank you for all your kind words Caz, :D

it is true- there is plenty of life in this ole girl :wink:

she is very active and comes up to you when you open the hutch door looking for treats.
Sophie is not a cuddly bun, but that should come with a little time and patience.
She is very pretty an really deserves a loving home where she will be lavished with attention :)

Thanks for the kind words about Molly, Caz. I would defintely vouch for an old bun. Molly is on my lap as I type this, she is so content, will spend hours and hours sitting on my lap with no fidgeting or trying to jump off The feeling of contentment from her can be measured by the bucketload.

linnyloo said:
If you weren't so far away and i had the guts to get my Skip neutered i would take her in!! :?

never say never :wink: a topic asking for 'transport needed' does get a fair bit of viewing you know :wink:

She sounds nice i am sure she will get a home soon must say it is very hard to find older rabbits in Nottingham all seem to be under 2

Back