• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Citrus Fruits are they ok?

BugBabe

Warren Scout
I just wondered as I have loads of clemintines that need using up and if the buns could have them I thought that would be a nice treat!

Anna

I've been sharing the left over Clemantimes from Christmas with the Rabbits.

They love it! :D

They only get a few segments at a time though.

Louise

Thank you for your replies. I have read the curry post and I am sorry for posting this. Thank you for your understanding and kindness.

I don't think any of that was aimed at you. Citrus fruit it a fruit (duh) and fruit is fine to feed to bunnied! Perfectly good question! Comments about feeding chocolate, however, and things like that, aren't...y'see?

BugBabe - my post wasn't directed at you at all - yours is a sensible question.

I seem to remember that the list of "rabbit safe foods" we had on our fridge had citrus fruits listed as unsafe - I'd think they're too sugary and too acidic for a rabbit's delicate tum. :?

A couple of my rabbits love oranges, but most won't touch them. A slightly higher proportion of guineas like them.

And funny Strawberry helped himself to grapefruit skins off the compost pile once :roll: He only ate a little bit though. Not even he ate the lemon skins.

Oh it's cool! Had a nightmare of a day and was looking for someone lol ! :lol: Being a bit sensitive today!!!
Tried a small piece tonight and they both sniffed and hopped off so that is a no then! :D

One of the fruit and veg lists I have has oranges listed as a forbidden food, so I personally avoid all citrus with the bunnies.

Back