PDA

View Full Version : Citrus Fruits are they ok?

BugBabe
11-01-2005, 02:33 PM
I just wondered as I have loads of clemintines that need using up and if the buns could have them I thought that would be a nice treat!

Anna

anon101
11-01-2005, 05:47 PM
I've been sharing the left over Clemantimes from Christmas with the Rabbits.

They love it! :D

They only get a few segments at a time though.

Louise

Maaike_Butter
11-01-2005, 06:12 PM
I read somewhere that you shouldn't feed citrus to bunnies. Can't remember where, though, otherwise I'd link you.

BugBabe
11-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Thank you for your replies. I have read the curry post and I am sorry for posting this. Thank you for your understanding and kindness.

Maaike_Butter
11-01-2005, 06:26 PM
I don't think any of that was aimed at you. Citrus fruit it a fruit (duh) and fruit is fine to feed to bunnied! Perfectly good question! Comments about feeding chocolate, however, and things like that, aren't...y'see?

BugBabe
11-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Thank you! I am a noodle sometimes :lol:

Andi, Boy of Destiny!
11-01-2005, 09:14 PM
BugBabe - my post wasn't directed at you at all - yours is a sensible question.

I seem to remember that the list of "rabbit safe foods" we had on our fridge had citrus fruits listed as unsafe - I'd think they're too sugary and too acidic for a rabbit's delicate tum. :?

doorkeeper
11-01-2005, 10:11 PM
A couple of my rabbits love oranges, but most won't touch them. A slightly higher proportion of guineas like them.

And funny Strawberry helped himself to grapefruit skins off the compost pile once :roll: He only ate a little bit though. Not even he ate the lemon skins.

BugBabe
11-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Oh it's cool! Had a nightmare of a day and was looking for someone lol ! :lol: Being a bit sensitive today!!!
Tried a small piece tonight and they both sniffed and hopped off so that is a no then! :D

Bertie
12-01-2005, 08:32 AM
One of the fruit and veg lists I have has oranges listed as a forbidden food, so I personally avoid all citrus with the bunnies.